Is this ready for a harvest ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this ready for a harvest ???

This is a picture from today. I don't see a layer of milky white trichomes covering the surface area of the cola. I cannot tell if the hairs are curled in but surely do not see the solid bud. Thanks in advance for any help. SOS !!!!!
    Attached Files

Trichome heads start appear clear and glassy and spotty.

Comment

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Pistil brown and curling clear trichomes you have maybe a 1-2 weeks.

Your pics aren’t great but I’d take a look for bud rot in a few of them colas, they appear to be very brown looking with dead leaves.

Comment

I think MagicMike66 is right. They don't look healthy.

Comment

If that's not bud rot, they look like they were ready a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks for the update. How do I solve the problem or is it too late in the cycle. I have had a learning curve with my nutrients. Lot of screw ups.

Comment

From Leafly - Giving plants incorrect nutrients can weaken their immune systems and make them more prone to attack from molds. I believe the best bet is to harvest this in a few days

Comment

Folks granted I am a first time grower. I looked at the plant carefully but do not see any fungus, I see no signs of rot on the stems. They are as green as it can be. I did find one rotting cola that I snipped off. Let's see what happens in the next few days.
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Chop her down and start another grow

Originally posted by MagicMike66 View Post
              Your pics aren’t great but I’d take a look for bud rot in a few of them colas, they appear to be very brown looking with dead leaves.
              Yeah I agree with you.

Comment

Yup but before I start another grow, need to take a hard look of best practices and how did I screw up. I am going to harvest the good colas and see what I get.

Comment

Don’t be too disappointed, every grower will experience rot at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicMike66 View Post
                    Don’t be too disappointed, every grower will experience rot at some point.
                    Yep! I lost the majority of my first plant (outdoor) to bud rot. It was tough to cut and throw away. I did manage to get 3-4 grams off of it. I applied what I learned to my next (indoor) and harvested some nice bud! Next step is going for more quantity.

Your attitude it right, just take this as a learning experience and apply it to your next.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bdeegan View Post

Yep! I lost the majority of my first plant (outdoor) to bud rot. It was tough to cut and throw away. I did manage to get 3-4 grams off of it. I applied what I learned to my next (indoor) and harvested some nice bud! Next step is going for more quantity.

Your attitude it right, just take this as a learning experience and apply it to your next.

Good luck!
                      Thanks Folks. I believe I can salvage a good part of the two autos. I plan to harvest the one attached to the thread on Monday after two flushes. A Jamaican American once told me when I started my professional life in the US, "Ravi its okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them". So very true Bernie Sandiford. Shall post to this forum a game plan of lessons learnt and what to avoid. There have been a few screw ups. Attached is a picture of a cola I cut off the second auto when I saw a little rot on a side branch. She is a little stunted auto. MISTAKE - Don't top off an Auto. The one attached to the thread got only LST and she grew bigger Click image for larger version

Name:	Cookie # 2 Bud rot Jan 15 2022.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	553264Click image for larger version

Name:	Cookie # 2 Bud rot Jan 15 2022.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	553265

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well Ravi you sure sound like you gained from this grow. Best of luck to you in the future grows.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X