new to grow tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! new to grow tents

Long time grower but total newb to grow tents. Need a little guidance on my setup if possible?

I have the following:
    1. Marshydro 27"x27"x 63" (70cmx70cmx160cm) tent https://imgur.com/a/jKa2BaV
    2. Marshydro 6inch ventilation system https://imgur.com/a/CKgijJV
    3. Viparspectra P600 LED full spectrum lights https://imgur.com/a/wLTSISo
    4. Viparspectra V300 LED full spectrum lights https://imgur.com/a/GM0MJKg
    5. Small oscillating fan

This will be setup in my longeroom in a corner, this room also has a reverse cycle air conditioner so temps in the room can be adjusted if needed. I understand all the temps and humidity etc with the tent, its just the setup that confuses me.

State laws allow 2 plants, so thats what im growing.

Im confused with the ventilation setup. From what i read i dont know what would be the best setup for this? Would the carbon filter be inside the tent, outside the tent? I get that its used to draw hot air out of the tent but all the different ways to do it has confused me (im use to soil, good old sun shine and water/nutes) will i also need an extractor fan, or is the vent kit i got enough? Plants will be grown in pots and soil. Tent has 2 6inch holes on each side, an 8 inch hole on the top and 2 4 inch lower down.

Also are the lights decent enough for this grow setup? I bought the V300 first but was uneasy with the lack of warm natural light (again no idea still new to this but reviews on forums was alright), and bought the P600 as a back up. Would i be better to use the P600 for seedlings and vege stage and switch to the V300 while flowering, as i read it likes the warmer tones of light during this period, or just use the P600/V300 throughout, adjusting hights etc?

I just want an easy to maintain setup that will give me a good harvest 😊 happy for suggestions or any advice. Thanks heaps!

Depends on the temps and humidity etc with the tent in your particular location and circumstance You configure for what delivers the most consistent and controllable experience for the plants through their cycles. So expect some experimentation in the interest of learning. When I have to move the tent or make a significant change (like moving the filter) I will run the tent with nothing growing for as long as it takes for me to understand how to manipulate it to where I can add heat, shed heat, add moisture, shed moisture, and keep the air circulating and do it from my phone (if possible).

Then I will drop the beans in the shot glass, and not before.

Comment

If your setting this up in a room where your controlling the temp and humidity in the room i would have your fan and filter outside of the tent. Your dealing with roughly a 2x2x5.5 foot tent, so you dont have a lot of space inside to start with. Stack your fan on top of your charcoal filter and run your ducting to one of the higher holes in the tent. As far as your lights...run both of them..and rotate your plants. The P600 is the better light of the two. Good luck leaf5380
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Comment

Well i wish you luck but i also wish you would of purchased a higher watt lamp prior to buy those 2. Don't get me wrong i have used strickly Viparspectra LED since i began indoor growing going on 5yrs. I've been a summertime outlaw outdoor grower for over 35yrs dang proud of it. But when i upgraded to the newer diodes LED l got the P2500 got a larger tent. But i continue to use 2 450vipars also. Those draw 200watts+3 from the wall each and that's the minimum draw i'd use from my experience.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X