Drying and the curing the defoliation product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying and the curing the defoliation product

Up north i've many times planted seeds outside in the summer that never bloomed, but on a good year could rage 4-5feet, stretched and quite skinny. Still, when not having buildt up a THC tolerance there was for sure an effect of smoking the leaves, tho the smoke was harsh and the leaves smelled like a mix of grass and tea. Just did a light defoliation on my tent plants and was wondering if anyone have tryed curing other plarts of the plant than the buds?
    Last edited by Xaliuz; 02-12-2017, 10:35 AM. Reason: typo

I have smoked,eaten,and tinctured all, even made tea out of branches it's all good,not as good as bud but in a pinch it wiil do! Lol

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Tinctured? Im intreaged

Howdy Xaliuz, I too use almost all of the plant. The 'trim' from defoliation and just leaves being shaded out, get dried, chopped up and cured (for a short time), and dry ice extracted with micro bags. I can either smoke it, or bake it to make a great tea. I have found (out of desperation) that one can lessen the harshness and the chlorophyll taste by drying the trim at 210 t0 220 deg. F. in the oven for about 45 minuets to a hour. It (the baked trim) is not as smooth as if it were cured slowly over a couple of months, but it 'floats my boat' (I,m having some now, so please excuse any typos. LOL). And it should go without saying (but I'm going to anyway) the better the bud, the better the trim!
    Good luck with your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Yoyo DW2! That ovenbaking trick will be put to test in the near future, you got me tempted with that tea idea! Im familiar with the taste and have only used hasjish for oral use because of it. My mom (Old school hippie) sais she put the stalks on moonshine back in the days and let it sit for a few weeks. Its suppose to be medisin for everything haha. Your boat is floating very nicely, must be a steady vessel cus your typing is perfect! Had a plan to use most of it for bouble-hasj but i'll try to cure some of them and see if its possible to get some smooth smoke. Sometimes weak shit floats this boat as the heavy shit can severly twist my brain.. Aaaaaanyways, lots of options and i want to try them all! Like native american philosophy: Use it everything, waste nothing!

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        The dry ice extracted tea was from un-cured trim, when You remove the 'green' stuff, the results do not need to be cured any further, just baked to use in water for tea. Years ago, I had heard that some folks actually cleaned, dried, and smoked the roots! I can not confirm the practicality, or possibility of that, thru experience. I do not like to waste anything except my mind! LOL!

• Xaliuz
        Xaliuz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha yea well the chief hippie at the age of 74 of a midnight-sun community smoked moose shit in her youth, compared to that; smoking roots makes sence

Back to the topic, first batch will be cured and smoked. I would rather use that to mix out the buds than tobacco! Dried the leaves about a day, now put in a jar with RH probe.

Xaliuz on my first harvest, I took all the trimmed sugar leaves, put them in paper bags in a cool dry closet and let them sit (opening daily to let in fresh air) until the hay smell was gone, and they started to smell like sticky icky should smell. Then I made dry ice hash, which was fantastic!!! (I miss it a lot :-{) I searched and searched for information about whether or not to dry and cure trim before making hash but I never found a conclusive answer. It seemed logical to me that the psychoactive conversion processes will go on for triches on leaves just the same as it does for triches on buds...

Then I made some more dry ice hash with a friend's friend's trim a couple of months back which turned out like shit because he had taken such poor care of the trim. It was probably exposed to light and heat, the hash was dark green and had an unpleasant smell. Of course, I don't know what friend's friend used to grow or anything, but the difference between my batch of Chemdawg hash and his OG kush hash was.....YUUUUUUGE.

So I will stick with my own method on my upcoming harvest. TREAT THAT TRIM LIKE A QUEEN!!!!!!!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Xaliuz
        Xaliuz commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes sence alltaup!! Thank you for the advice will for sure try your method, and cure trim (fan/sugar leaves separated) before any use, especially to max out potentional potency!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X