Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto flowering Recent Pic - Q's

Folks,

I am posting this as to try to understand what is going on. The first picture is the auto flowering as of yesterday that has been flowering for 80 days. The second is the same plant that has small colas growing below the big ones. The picture is not the best but if you zoom in, you can see smaller buds below the main colas. So here are a few Q's/thoughts, considering this is my first effort -
    When I look at the colas from the auto, I can see sprouts of white colored trichomes under a 40X magnifier in random growth. Hard to see the full surface of the cola with the magnifier but do I wait till there is a full white layer [or brown for a different buzz] all across the cola to start the harvest.
    When I do harvest plan to do it by taking the side big colas. I have a light problem and the lower colas have not fattened. Bad Idea or Good.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts of the cannabis plant.jfif
Views:	234
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	552506 My kids were telling me that all these parts of the plant can either (a) Be all dried, crushed and then sieve out the kief or (b) Soak all fresh parts as attaches in Isopropyl alcohol IPA, evaporate he alcohol after filtering and then dry the paste. One can also use Everclear but hard to get in this part of the world. I could add those undeveloped small colas to this IPA brew. Thoughts ???

Just putting my thoughts to the universe. HappyToking. Cannot wait to smoke weed where I do not have seeds. The weed in this part of the world has a lot of seeds. One can expect a 30% loss due to stalks and such. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Ravi
    Attached Files

Really hard for me to understand what your question is?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Ravi
      Ravi commented
      Editing a comment
      Having a hard time trying to decide when to harvest. The trichomes are just white and not milky white.

You can process the undeveloped buds for kief but it hardly seems worth it when you only have the larf from one small plant to work with. You may have enough to make infused oil or butter but not very much of that. You can also smoke larf too. It's just not as potent as the better buds.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X