DWC leaves turn yellow flower stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWC leaves turn yellow flower stage

Hi all. I started with my first grow (ever), in deep water culture. I am fairly new to all this and already have read a lot but I just cannot figure out what’s going wrong. I am growing in a 80x80 cm tent with KIND LED, 60 liters of water, 3 air stones, 2 small air pumps, 3 fans, 12 hours light/12 hours dark, its about 29 degrees (celcius) when lights are on. I am now in week 6 of the Bcuzz schedule (I also use all their products), see pic. Some info:

- i always try to keep ph between 5.2-5.5 as indicated on the Bcuzz schedule
    - leaves already started to turn yellow in the first weeks of the schedule. At first I thought it was light burn so adjusted the light intensity to 80% instead of 100% (the height of the lamp is already at max, as the tent is not that high). Now back at 100% because it didnt do much to the leaves
    - later on I figured out that there is also a thing called “ppm” which has to be about 800-1000, so i tried adjusting the nutrients to that, but somehow when i pick the lowest dosis in the Bcuzz schedule, its still has a ppm of 1400 or something (so for instance in week 6 I pick 2 ml of A and multiply that by 60 (liter)).
    - we topped the plant a lot during the growing phase, as you can see in the overall picture. There were a lot of yellow leaves under the scrog net. My father told me to prune a lot (“lollipop”) but I am afraid I misunderstood the assignment and pruned too much leaves (i’ve read to also prune some big healthy leaves that were in the way of other buds etc). As the plant was so big, with lots of (yellow) leaves, i really couldnt see what was what anymore, so pruned everything on wednesday. This morning I clearly see new tips turning yellow, some leaves are already yellow.
    - read a bit more about ppm this morning and now I’m thinking that my TDS meter might not be accurate as my tap water was already >800 ppm. Really frustrating.
    - roots seem fine, very white, no rot.

Based on the pictures, do u guys may be have an idea of whats going on? Still nutrient burn? And I also saw that some hairs on the buds were turning yellowish, is this part of a normal grow process or should those hairs stay white? Ans how should i proceed tomorrow? To week 7 in schedule or just a week on ph’ed water without any nutrients?

thanks in advance,
    a desperate wife who tries to grow some cannabis for her husband with autism

Dang good first attempt at this method, my sister you do have some skills to attempt this at first time growing weed. Is that just one plant? I wish i could help more with water cultures but i'm a soil grower so all i know is what those on here do with Hydro grows. Way go with family helping also. Those that know this type of growing will come along to help. Good luck to you from a fellow woman grower
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Brownsugar
      Brownsugar commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, thank u so much! Yes, this is one plant. My father has experience with soil and my brothers know a bit about DWC, so it was definitely with their help of course. But now we got stuck, so that’s why I reached out here!

Good luck to you as well, and I am looking forward to dive more into the whole cannabis topic/scene and learning more from this forum!

Looks like BU2B has got you pretty much covered. What are you using to check the ph? Need to make sure that it is calibrated regularly. When checking ppm of nute solution, I subtract my straight water reading from the total to give nute ppm. Not familiar with your nutes but at least 1/2 what they say usually. Try to keep the temp of water as cool as possible, 65f is good. I run Orca cause I couldn't get hydrogaurd here, but that stuff will really help out. Every grow will become better and better.
    DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
    TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
    Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
    10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
    50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
    8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
    2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
    w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
    2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
    2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
    GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
    Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
    . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
    Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• Brownsugar
      Brownsugar commented
      Editing a comment
      I will immediately recalibrate my PH meter. I have a combined one, it measures PH, EC, TDS, temperature, and some other things. What do u recommend the ppm to be in hydro?

First of all, thank u guys already for your motivating words. It really gives me hope as I got so frustrated because it takes so much time and energy and I was afraid that I killed my plant. I will reply to your comments individually now!

Comment

Hi, you received great advice. I don't grow hydro but your post was very thorough, for one plant you have a lot of buds growing. Good luck, happy growing, hope it helps your hubby ~ another female grower.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X