First Time Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Time Autos

I am growing some White Widow Autos in a DWC setup. I have had a few successful grows with photo periods. I have also read a great deal about growing autos but there is conflicting reports as to whether to train the plants... topping, defoliating, etc. Can any of you auto growers jump in and give me some advice?? Also first time growing with DWC. Trying to work out a schedule ( every three weeks) for changing water and nutrients... Thanks Muskie Man
    Last edited by MuskieMan; 01-03-2022, 12:11 PM.
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

I have topped and trained many autos with good results. The general rule is if the plant is healthy and vigorous in growth then go ahead and top it. You might try topping one and maybe just some LST on another to see the difference. GWE has some good articles on it.

Comment

Topped and defoliated my autos about a week ago and they are branching nicely. Also looks like they might be getting ready to start to bloom... Muskie Man
      Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Exciting news congrats being a new " budlet dad "

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget the pictures. We all love seeing the grow.

5th week with the White Widow autos and they are starting to develop buds, at least I can see white hairs starting. Will these put a stretch on like the photo period???
      I will try to take some pictures and post them here... Muskie Man
      Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Yessir they will stretch.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures of my current grow. The pics are of White Widow autos and White Widow photo period. The autos are starting to show small white hairs so I imagine that they are getting ready to bloom. They are 5 weeks from germination and have been topped and defoliated. The White Widow photo period are 6 weeks from germination and have also been topped and defoliated. I think that I will defoliate a little more because they are so bushy. They will be switched to bloom around Feb. 1st...

Click image for larger version  Name:	White Widow3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	242.3 KB ID:	554171Click image for larger version  Name:	White Widow4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.1 KB ID:	554172
          Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Planted these White Widow autos on Dec. 15, 2021 and as of Feb. 12, 2022 they have finally started to bloom... Is this normal for autos to take so long to start the bloom cycle. They're even starting to show a bit of a stretch. I did top and defoliate them quite a bit which might have slowed them down but they are actually bigger than the White Widow photos that I have in my other tent. I think that I should take some fan leaves off the top to allow more light to get to the buds, what do you guys think??? The photos were planted on Dec.1, 2021... Muskie Man

Click image for larger version  Name:	White Widow7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	285.2 KB ID:	556690Click image for larger version  Name:	White Widow8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.7 KB ID:	556691
            Last edited by MuskieMan; 02-12-2022, 01:45 PM.
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I just want to say that you have a knack for growing weed, MuskieMan. I'm awaiting WW seeds right now. Those gals look so good, I'd probably tuck and fold leaves for now, as long as your air circ is good.

• MuskieMan
              MuskieMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Puglover1, thanks for the kind comment...   Are you starting WW autos or photos? Let me know about your grow when you get it started, I would like to compare with my current grow. I did defoliate and top the autos quite a bit but I am growing them as DWC and they hardly slowed down...   When I topped the plants I noticed a bead of water when I topped the branches, so they are getting lots of nutrients... Muskie Man

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was growing WW fast fems from Seedsman when I became ill and the grow died of thirst. They were looking so nice that I wanted to grow them again. Photoperiods, supposedly they finish flowering faster. I will let you know, hopefully soon. The beans are here!

White Widow Autos are finally starting to stretch and produce some buds as of Feb. 27th... Muskie Man

Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow13.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	558127

Click image for larger version  Name:	White Widow12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	373.1 KB ID:	558125
            Last edited by MuskieMan; 02-27-2022, 08:07 AM.
            Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X