Just starting out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Just starting out.

So, i recently ordered some stuff online and i got sent a free seed from that website. I’ve never grown weed before and i thought why not and i gave it a shot and started germinating it. It sprouted after couple of days and i put it in my closet on a plastic pot that i found at my store under a regular light bulb. I’ve now ordered me a tent online and 300w led grow light I’m also gonna buy intake fan or whatever its called and hook it up on the bathroom vent then propably buy a carbon filter. Then i just recently bought a small fan and a hygro/thermometer. What else would you need in a grow tent? Also the seed i got was northern lights auto and i wonder is the grow tent too small for that strain since its only 120cm long and i heard it can grow quite big. Also what light cycle you recommend better 18/6 or 24/0 for this autoflower strain? I got so many other questions but i’m just gonna start with these.

Here a photo of the setup right now.

Looks like you have the basics covered. You will need an exhaust fan and a carbon filter for when the plant starts flowering. 18 hours is plenty for an auto. Be very gentle when transplanting. The plus side is nl auto usually goes on long side time wise. Do you have a link to the light that came with that kit? Blurples are kinda old tech but will do fine for your first runs. I doubt it's a true 300 watts. Good luck.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• SumeaSaukko
      SumeaSaukko commented
      Editing a comment
      So you only need them once the plant is flowering not before? Also i don’t have any link right now but the light seems pretty strong and it says on the back that its 300w but how can you tell if its not?

Northern Lights is a very small plant and quite suitable for what you are trying to do.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• SumeaSaukko
      SumeaSaukko commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thank you

Hi SumeaSaukko
    I would change those pots get some holes in the side and bottom for drainage and airflow to the roots. Good Luck
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• SumeaSaukko
      SumeaSaukko commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok do you have any recommendation what kind of pot i should use?

Hi SumeaSauko. You'll want to have some aeration for your grow medium. The roots need some space to find air. There's a debate on the light schedule for autoflowering cannabis. Some say 24/0 some say at least 20 hours of light a day as auto's do no depend on a light schedule to go into flower. The 18/6 or some slight variation of that is usually used for photo plants. I'm in my first run with auto's and have them on a 20/4 schedule. I like to give the plants a little rest, but I have no idea if that matters or not (again, a debate), just my preference. I have a dedicated tent for autos and plan to experiment a little with light schedules grow to grow until I find one that works for me, but for now it's 20 hours of light and 4 hours of darkness everyday. The girls seem to like it.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X