Light burn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light burn!

Got a lil too aggressive with my 600 watt, avg dist to canopy is 5-8", I increased the avg dist from 7-9". Never really dealt with light burn so hopefully my blue dream recovers and gives me a bountiful harvest. Today is 7 weeks of flower( 12-12) blue dream has another 7 weeks to go a d the Gordo Master kush might have another 3 weeks.
    Attached Files

LED's, usually 300W and above, run from 12" - 48" distance from canopy.
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Deleted by user
      Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Wow, Msizzle , thats way too close i think. Not sure what lights you have? Did you check the manufacturers specs? should mention height and coverage during veg and flower. I used 600w viperspectras for years(burple lights, actual rating 260w at wall) and recommended height was around 18'' give or take. I would raise you light up another 10" and see how it reacts. Pic 1 and 3 look like foxtailing might be starting.. also, if your using a newer, white LED, you can roast those plants really quick...within hours at that distance.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Like homegrown said, that's way too close. The vegetative state is one thing, as it gives you signals of error and can easily spring back, but once you flower with lights that close, especially LED, it's game over for your main colas.
          Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
          Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
          FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

I was reading somewhere that ample calcium helps against light burn.

Comment

Running true 300 watts from the wall Samsung 301b diodes and depending it on the strain I can run them within 6" of the canopy with no problems. For instance mango smile loves the close contact. My last run sour stomper did not. She preferred 16" away. All about the strain.
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

This is a 600 watt vivosun HPS, never dealt with foxtailing before.

Comment

They look pretty nice to me. I've burned them a lot worse than that a few times and still came out with lots of good smoke. Good growing to you !!
                  Focus and relativity.

Comment

I run a Vivosun 600 also mine has a temp of around 82-85 F 14-16 inches away. I try to maintain 15-20 inches after stretching has stopped.

Comment

*Update*

13.5 weeks into flower Gordo Master Kush appears to be ready.

Attached Files

Comment

Too close, the scorch is not too serious and should be salvaged.

Comment

I agree, I got way too aggressive with my 600 watt, I think I was 7-9" away from the tops for about 5 weeks, my blue dream is def scorched sonething serious, some tops are legit white. I grew Gordo and blue dream in the same DWC res. I learned my lesson with the light, gotta ease up as I enter flower. This is my 4th grow and I am still learning.

Comment

According to the tent size, choosing the right light will make planting easier and the buds will be more delicious.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X