the right stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the right stuff?

My love for cannabis made me a outlaw for over 45 yrs,( i have a good discussion about how it might have been different if weed was legal,that's an old boring story for another time) Now that VA has legalized it I wanna spend my time growing the best weed I can. I bucked and bag my very first harvest yesterday. to my surprise the uncured bud we tried smelled and smoke clean and tasty and held a good buzz 2-3 hrs But I did just a good enough job to realize I was semi-clueless and did more things wrong than I did right. in my short 60 yrs if I REALIZED one thing it is practice, makes perfect and man do I need practice. it is amazing how when ya hit 60 being a noob is like a badge of honor. any way enough bs.

\ I have a question. this time around I am I'm stepping up from my miracle grow I have the Fox Farm Happy frog and Ocean Forest. my intention is to mix them 50/50 and use the fox farm nutrients and follow their schedule.
    I'm unsure what I'll grow but this time I wanna keep it simple and do an easy auto. I'm growing in a tent with a good charcoal vent system, lights, and all the little things I need. am I going in the right direction with the soil mix?

Deleted by user
    Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Depends how are you germinating these auto seeds? What method do you use to sprout seeds? I don't start autos in heated soils like what you say your using i'm old school and only use light fluffy no nutes mix for any seeds be it photo or auto. It's very easy to burn and stunt auto sprouts, i would'nt burn seedlings for practice runs.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Would it be better practice to put the hot soil in the bottom half of the pot and happy frog on top? Added perlite to both

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what i've seen other growers do bdeegan by the time the roots hit that soil in a larger pot the plant is old enough to accept the hotter soils. I've never used those soils i mix my own soils in 2 different big tubs with lids.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X