Finished Harvesting; Better Practices=Better Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Harvesting; Better Practices=Better Rewards

I have just finished up harvesting my latest grow. I did a number of things differently this time around with pretty good results. I used five gallon pots instead of 3 gallon, I switched to GH nutrients, I increased my use of cal-mag, I added more light and I checked PH in and out religiously. I have been rewarded with my largest yield ever and suffered no problems, difficulties or issues. Just followed the manual. I cannot report on my yields as the stuff is still drying but it is by far the most I have ever harvested.

I have already started my next grow and I will be returning to three gallon pots. The five's are simply too heavy/difficult for me to work with. I'm 71 and have had back and neck surgeries. Part of the reason I grow weed is to deal with my back pain;, not create more of it.

Every time I do a grow, I do something different to see how it works. It could be in training, watering, nutrients, PH adjustments etc Sometimes things work for the better and sometimes, not so much. However, I do this as a hobby so I can afford to experiment and the more I experiment, the more I learn. Also, it's more fun to experiment, I never could leave well enough alone.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

That's great OMG. Congrats on another successful grow. You sound like me in that you try new things and grow for meds and fun. Who knew self medicating could be so rewarding. PS...don't forget the pics.

Comment

Im with you too and love the attitude. keep it fun, and get production on the side. Myself - I go up and down in production trying things, but it always seems to end up quality. hoping your upward trend continues. onward!
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Great attitude, I like experimenting too! Growing weed is almost more fun than smoking it!

Comment

That's what it's all about with learning to grow gaining confidence while doing right by the plants. They tell you and you will learn to know what they like.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X