Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second grow, inside, weird "mosaic" of green

Hello all,

​​​​​​Doing my first inside grow, after a quite OK harvest from an outside grow last summer.

Struggling a bit with getting it right, both plants have this weird uneven green mosaic on the leaves, one more than the other.
    Tried googling it, but could not find a match, so any ideas woul be helpful.

Plants are now two months in, hope to get this sorted before switching to 12/12.

​​​​​​Attaching some pics, second one showing it.

/Stride

Attached Files

Welcome to the forum stridex my plants have shown this pattern in the leaves before not a issue just a growing up. I think it's fine and looking like a well done first indoor grow. Lots of lush growth, nice and green for now. How about telling more about what soil your using and nutes along with size of pots. Do you know your temps in tent?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Welcome to the forum stridex my plants have shown this pattern in the leaves before not a issue just a growing up. I think it's fine and looking like a well done first indoor grow. Lots of lush growth, nice and green for now. How about telling more about what soil your using and nutes along with size of pots. Do you know your temps in tent?
      Thank you, SoOrbudgal,

I'm growing in Biobizz All-mix soil, which holds a minor initial boost of nutrients. Two pots of 12 LTRs.

First watering with standard nutrients for vegetative growth a few weeks back.
      Water is from the tap, but I have one of those "not really RO" filters you can attach to it - then leave overnight to diffuse chlorides.
      RH was initially low, like 40'ish - but with "until runoff" watering have around 50-60%. Temp is around 22-25°C

Next waterings including different stuff to give them a healthy grow in general. Also as foliar to try and get rid of that uneven green...
      CalMag, Micro Elements and humic extract.

Just switched to Advanced Nutrients' Sensi-Grow and -Bloom products.

Tent is 60*60 in that chamber, lights are Spiderfarmer-1000. Running them a bit dimmed down waiting for things to stabilize.
      Last edited by stridex; 12-31-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

start some plant training. they otherwise look healthy but then they are still in veg. They do look a little pale so consider a bit more nitrogen. They may be suffering from potential Cal/mag deficiency so keep an eye on them. RO removes minerals from water so that may be an upcoming issue.

From what you have said it doesn't sound like you are giving regular feedings?...try to feed nutrients regularly and in soil every 3rd watering or so should be a flush watering just to remove any build up of nutrient salts in the container. flush with properly PH'd lukewarm water at about 3x the volume of the container.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Thanks all,

LST training done, just switched to 12/12, here we go! 🙂
          Attached Files

Comment

Pretty tight in that tent and it's going to get tighter. I see water on those leafs is that condinsation? I don't spray larger plants it's really easy to create WPM on closed tents. You have a method to circulate the airflow?
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
              Pretty tight in that tent and it's going to get tighter. I see water on those leafs is that condinsation? I don't spray larger plants it's really easy to create WPM on closed tents. You have a method to circulate the airflow?
              Indeed, it's getting crowded in there! Also humidity is quite low so I spray them with destilled water once a day to help out a bit. There's a fan for internal air circulation, not seen on the pics.

Floor surface is 60*60 cm in that chamber. Two plants, both topped at fourth node so they each have 6 branches. After trimming I pull each branch out towards the edge of the pots, keeping all tops at the same horizontal level. It is my first inside grow so I have no clue when it comes to how many colas I can have on that surface area.

They're just starting to show initial flower sites, guess I need to uncrowd it somehow. The plan is to strip off leaves and sideshows at the bottom half, working towards something lollipopish.

Any other suggestions?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by stridex; 01-13-2022, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stridex View Post

Indeed, it's getting crowded in there! Also humidity is quite low so I spray them with destilled water once a day to help out a bit. There's a fan for internal air circulation, not seen on the pics.

Floor surface is 60*60 cm in that chamber. Two plants, both topped at fourth node so they each have 6 branches. After trimming I pull each branch out towards the edge of the pots, keeping all tops at the same horizontal level. It is my first inside grow so I have no clue when it comes to how many colas I can have on that surface area.

They're just starting to show initial flower sites, guess I need to uncrowd it somehow. The plan is to strip off leaves and sideshows at the bottom half, working towards something lollipopish.

Any other suggestions?
                Found this GWE article, amazing solutions for any small space grow

Comment

Hello all,

3 weeks into flowering, looks like they are doing OK, added some pics.

A couple of questions or if someone has the time to look?
                  1. With a SpiderFarmer SF-1000, how far up and at what intensity should I have the light? It's currently at 10 inches at 80%. Raise it a couple of inches and bring it gradually up to 100% during next few weeks?
                  2. Compared to an outdoor grow I did last year, these buds look like they are developing OK, right?

/Stride
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Ckbrew
                    Ckbrew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    About your light, I use the hand test. Light on full, place the back of your hand below lights. Slowly raise you hand to the light and feel the warmth on your hand. At some point, the rise in heat will increase very fast for the distance move upward. I keep the light just above that distance from plants, for me at least 15-18 inches with a SF4000.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X