GSCE auto in supersoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL GSCE auto in supersoil

So this is not just my first post here but my first time in a lot of things. First time growing indoor with Marshydro 2.3 x 2.3 tent. Ts1000, carbon filter the whole set up. First time using ph balance. And keeping track of the balance in the soil and water. First time with autoflower seeds. girls scout cookies extreme. First time with using a supersoil mix (subcool) and I have questions about that. Mainly if I need to add any kind of top mix during mid flower. But yeah I'm glad I can be apart of this group, thank you. Here's some pictures of the GSCE. She was over watered and turned completely yellow with a brown spot. I had to carefully remove her from the soil and cut back all the black roots that were taking over. But she is a fighter. I want to cut some fan leaves but just not sure if I should or not. Doing the tuck method for right now. I'll keep it updated. And I'm interested in what you think.

Howdy. Looks like your off to a good start. For a first time auto grow she looks good. My first advice on autos is since they are on the clock from the start they don't take stress well. I plant mine directly into there final pot. That eliminates the chance of transplant shock.
    looks like a 1 gallon pot?
    You will need to feed her here shortly I believe. She is just getting started flowering and she's going to double in size.
    ​Welcome to the forum.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• DavidsGrow
      DavidsGrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the advice. I'm starting a couple new auto seeds strait into soil today. 1 Bruce banner and 1 gorilla glue. No transplant this time. And since I'm using the subcool supersoil mix, I'm just not sure how much to add for a top feeding. They say not too. But idk. I've never used this kind of soil mixture. I usually do water feeding. But she hasn't shown any signs of a deficiency, yet.🤞
      this is a 3 gal fabric pot it's in too so in case if you had some extra advise on feeding measurements. I do appreciate it.

Hi DavidsGrow Welcome aboard. Looks like you've done a good job working that girl back to health. I'm new to auto's as well. Is that a JBL speaker in there?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Thanks i was worried about how yellow she got. Haha yeah that's a jbl. I got music playing in there all the time.

Comment

it's suffering from nutrient deficiency. Don't rely on supersoil unless you have perfect conditions and even then it has to be a soil that can maintain the plant for at least 10 weeks. Many supersoils only have enough nutrients for about 3- 4 weeks.

Temp and humidity are fine but PH is important in the grow as much as added nutrients. In soil the water and any added nutrients needs to be between 6-7 PH. A properly calibrated PH tester is imperative to a good grow. many first time growers ignore PH and end up with little or no yield at the end of the grow.

Cannabis will grow as any plant will with just water and light. Getting the plant to grow fat buds is the focus here. Stay focused
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• DavidsGrow
          DavidsGrow commented
          Editing a comment
          That's pretty much what I did in the beginning. I didn't think about ph or any of that. But this time around im taking notes of the ph in the soil before and after and the ph in the water. And I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to just add some more supersoil to the top as a way of feeding in the next couple weeks.

Happy new years eve.
        Update. I think I have early signs of a deficiency but I'm not too sure. I noticed this discolor in the lower fan leave. Here's a couple pictures. My guess is mag but I'm not sure.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I would'nt take leaf off unless it was really yellow old at the bottom on autos. If this is your first plant i would observe the growth bend in over do some light training for practice do you only have one plant growing? What ferts are you using for flower if any?

• DavidsGrow
          DavidsGrow commented
          Editing a comment
          First time using the subcool mix so idk what to expect. I have this 1 GSCExtreme and started a couple more strait in the soil so i don't have to transplant. 1 Bruce banner and 1 gorilla glue #4. Both autos. I haven't added anything yet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X