X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaGreenBlazer
    replied
    Originally posted by SGD View Post
    Thanks for the comments, this is only my second grow so I'm still learning. I don't have any yellow leaves yet and this is an indoor grow using bagseed so I've no idea what the strain is. I've ordered some proper seeds for my next grow which I'm hoping will give a better yield.
    I'll look into getting a scope for the next harvest but, in the meantime, I'll let this one run a little longer, thanks.

YW dude, and she's certainly looking healthy enough from that 1 pic - beautiful deep green leaves and heavy frosting of trichs is always a good start! Looks like she's coming on well and in general between 8 - 10 weeks is average growth time, so give it couple more weeks and she should be even more gorgeous to go!

Leave a comment:

• SGD
    replied
    Thanks for the comments, this is only my second grow so I'm still learning. I don't have any yellow leaves yet and this is an indoor grow using bagseed so I've no idea what the strain is. I've ordered some proper seeds for my next grow which I'm hoping will give a better yield.
    I'll look into getting a scope for the next harvest but, in the meantime, I'll let this one run a little longer, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DaGreenBlazer
    replied
    Yo dude, the only real way to tell trichomes is with a magnifying scope or if your camera has got real good macro function - some people are skilled at telling with the naked eye, though i find it hard to do without scope as they refract so much light that what looks milky is often clear when viewed under scope. I just use cheap £3 MiC scope from ebay which is 60x & has led lights and is fine for seeing trichs well (it also has a blue/UV led for fake currency detection too, if that's of any additional use lol!)

As for the general terms on if it's ready, 7 weeks is abit early for most strains, especially if you counting 7 weeks strictly from 12/12 switch date - though it is strain dependent and/or if that's an auto then again it could be ready. White hairs going orange is 1 of the signs of readiness although again some strains go orange straight away and some will keep pumping out white ones till they die, so overall it's not the most accurate way of knowing; checking trichs is best option really.

Plus 9 times out of 10, most plants usually need a week or 2 longer than stated on pack, etc so waiting longer is probably gonna be the 2nd standard answer atm I'd say.

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    hard to tell with that pic. Best rule of thumb is that when the plant starts yellowing (leaves) all over rather than at just the bottom then she's ready. Ultimately as long as there is no rush, always go one more week when you think they are ready...assuming they aren't in an outdoor grow and the temps are starting to drop...

Leave a comment:

• SGD
    started a topic Ready to Harvest...

Ready to Harvest...

My grow looks ready to harvest, I've attached a close up picture, I can't really tell if the trichomes are clear or white though.
    They are in week 7 of flower and nearly all the hairs have turned orange but the buds look like they are still growing a little. Should I chop or not?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211225_124710.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	855.7 KB
ID:	550959
    Attached Files

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X