Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Can’t seem to figure out what is going wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Can’t seem to figure out what is going wrong.

I have been growing for a little over a year now with the same strain. My previous 3 grows went very well but have been running into problems on my last grow and my current one and can’t seem to figure out the problem. Fan leaves are developing brown/ rust colored spots on them. Tips of some fans leaves have like a neon green color. Plant always seems very droopy. Have been finding some holes in the leaves and even some leaves with slices in them. I have been religiously checking for bugs and have not seen any except for a few fungus gnats that were caught in my sticky trap but I have always had a few of those in the past and it never gave me any problems.

From others I have spoken with I have heard everything from underwatering/ overwatering, cal mag deficiency, Nute Burn, PH problems to name a few. My runoff ppm & ph has stayed consistent and in range so I do not believe that is the cause. My watering practices are also pretty good where the plant is never over or
    underwatered.

I am looking to see if anyone has experienced something similar. Any advice would help at this point. Below are the details of my grow.

My Grow Details:

Last week in Veg before flipping

5 Gallon Air Pots

Coco/Perlite 60/40

Hybrid Strain

Nutes: Mills Vitalize, A, B, Starter R & 3ml/gallon of Cal Mag

Recharge every 10 Days

PPM going In 800

Runoff PPM 750-850

PH going im 6.0

Runoff PH 5.8-6.00

RH never gets higher than 60

Lights on Temp 78-80

Lights off Remp 69-70

Water always with nutes except for recharge days.

Water until runoff

Water when pot is about half its weight when fully saturated.

Whenever you run into problems the first thing you do is raise/dim your lights. Did not see you mention anything about your lights. What kind are they? How close to the canopy? Are they dimmed? I would raise my lights if i could and if i couldn't do that i would dim them. A lot of times light stress can present as ph issues or cal mag issues.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

I disagree with Cloud. Lights aren't likely to be going to cause the problems you say you are experiencing. His advice from a guy who states he doesn't check his PH.

Are you reusing your coir? that could be an issue. it needs to be thoroughly flushed before a new grow. flushing should be with properly PH'd lukewarm water to remove any nutrient salt build up and at least 3 times the volume of the container. Flushing can help, especially if you have brown spots.

Additionally, Cal Mag should be at 6.2 PH for proper absorption and should realistically be used with every feeding in coir. I would recheck your watering habits. at those temps even fabric pots can hold on to water longer because those temps are relatively cool especially the overnight. Use the finger method to test the dryness of the soil. up to the first 2 inches should be dry before watering again.

Fungus gnats are usually a cause of overwatering
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind you disagreeing or giving different advice but pls don't take shots at me personally. It is uncalled for and unfair to me. I produce good quality flower for myself using my methods. I'm not telling anyone to do it my way.

• MoneyMeech
        MoneyMeech commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. I am not reusing my coco. Every grow gets a fresh batch. I’m regards to PH I was always under the assumption that 5.8 is ideal. I only ph to 6.0 now because it sometimes decreases a bit on the runoff.

Do you have any explanation for the holes in the leaves and missing pieces I am getting? Is that something that is a sign of a specific deficiency rather than bugs?

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Cloud, dont get all ruffled, lol. dilvish evidently didnt read your profile where it says you use organic soil. Why would you pH organic soil?? I've grown outside many times and never checked the pH.Pond water,worms and fish shit. what more do you need.

The checking the runoff for Ph thing is up for debate. I made the decision that I would not check run off unless there appeared to be a problem. So far, I have not had to check it. My theory is (in coco) that if you are getting adequate run off volume, Ph issues will be self correcting if your Ph input in the feedings is correct.

MoneyMeech I would suspect cal mag deficiency or a Ph issue. Are you using cal mag with every feeding?
      Last edited by Ckbrew; 12-23-2021, 03:01 PM.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Cloud I am curious, Does your water supply happen to be at the correct Ph for your needs or is there something else you are doing that I am missing?
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          I grow in organic soil and use ro water. Never had issues with ph because microbes suppose to balance ph. Plus my oyster flour shell and lime keeps my ph in balance as well. Now in my synthetic nute grows yes I check ph.

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          MoneyMeech, Cloud, dilvish, homegrown Ckbrew, I wasn't going to climb on the bandwagon but just can't help myself when I see the same issues and the same useless advise over and
          over. The first thing to realize is the fertilizer companies have sold us a bill of goods. I started the same way as described with the same issues and chased pH around the block and back and very soon got exasperated with it to the point I almost decided to give it all up! Then I did a lot of research into growing in a more organic way where the grow medium is properly amended with organic and mineral elements to thrive in a natural medium where all the needs are there and healthy colonies of microbial life which process those elements and release them to the plant roots in their excretions. Microbial life is not affected by pH level and as it is giving the plants all it needs in a ready to eat form so the plant doesn't have to spend the energy to process those nutrients with each requiring a diff pH level. Microbes do not adjust or correct Ph they simply ignore it and do their job in a symbiotic way by pooping in the root mass in exchange for glucose from the leaves. Last grow was in coir and perlite with worm castings, minerals, Recharge or other microbe starters and teas of compost and fish emulsion at flower start which gave explosive growth in the stretch! Last grow was very healthy, vibrant and rapid without ever checking or adjusting my pH as the colonies were taking care of needs.

This argument will go on until doomsday or until more growers realize the truth and convert to a super soil which is natures way and has been successful for many millions of years. There is no mystery here. Check out Clackamas Coots recipe online. He uses Spaghnum Peat Moss as his base but I find coir is as good or better and is a renewable resource while Peat is not. i add a few more elements than he but it's all good and even better it is permanently renewable. Just add more minerals and castings and repot. About every third grow I add another bag of coir to expand my supply so it grows constantly as well. Once it "cooks" for a couple of weeks it is ready for plants. Also I used Coco Loco as a starter because it has some of the needed elements in it. As I refresh it I can use plain coir because the colonies of microbes and a lot of minerals are already in there. Build A Soil or Dark heart Nursery are good places for more info and recipes. There is also more about this in my just completed journal "Auto Toka grow"
          Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 12-24-2021, 01:38 PM.

Hello MoneyMeech, i think your problem has started at . (My watering practices are also pretty good where the plant is never over or
        underwatered.) The finger test is useless. Roots are staying too wet With coco you need to let that pot almost dry out, when you pick it up it should be light. And it should be soaking wet when you water it. Im thinking you have a lock-out starting. Your pH in is too low and your pH out is too low. I would increase pH to 6.5 for next few waters.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Water them deeply when they need a full drink don't let roots keep searching for a drink when they get 6-8wks old. You want strong fat trunks and stems, water till at least 20% runoff do it slowly so soil absorbes fluid not " bead around" only sinking in 2".
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X