4 plants of same strain growing @ very different rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 plants of same strain growing @ very different rates

Should I be doing something more or different to care for them at this stage ??? 4 Purple Kush Auto plants all started 36 days ago but growing at very different rates - Far left plant looks like it wants to take over the whole tent so moved it from the center !

1st time grow - Strain: Purple Kush Auto - AC Infinity Cloudlab 642 Grow Tent with 6" Fan & Carbon Filter - Viparspectra XS2000 LED Grow Light @ 100 %, weekdays 8/4/8/4 hrs on/off & weekend 20/4 hrs - 5 gal grow bags with FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil - weekly Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula @ 1/2 strength
    Attached Files

So there are those days that plants do slow down on growth when they start getting those plant hormones that say, " time to reproduce " i've had them seem to stall prior to flowering or working up to it. Now these autos like consistancy when they grow, i've never done those different on/off times just ran them consistantly either for 20-4 or 18-6 on off.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I too would suggest leaving the lights on for a more regular schedule. auto's don't need a light change so you could even run the lights 24/0 if you wanted to. Most Auto flower grow just fine under 18/6 so I\d just leave it at that. I would also rotate the plant order under the light for maximum exposure once per week.

Other than that they are doing fine...some grow differently than others...the seeds may have been mixed even though they are the same strain...older seeds can grow slower.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

No way to have perfect consistency with seeds. Like having children. Same male same female. Kids look different. They grow different and smell different even though the seeds came from the same plant. Clones are the only way to get the same traits always.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

A pack of seeds is a lot like a litter of puppies. There's always seems to be a runt and not all of them look and grow and behave alike even if they are "purebreds".
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Like everyone already said from seed you can’t really say what’s going to happen. Even with clones, due to the fact that if they are in different pots you will water the same on all pots when maybe one plant isn’t drinking as much as the other for whatever reason so you stunt them? Or like you did try moving the tall plant to where the short plant is maybe the position of the light or environment in a certain corner is causing an issue? I did this with my current grow and the short plant now is taller than the tall one so I’m assuming something about the back corner is affecting my plants. I will post a pic just to show you. These are 4 sapphire scouts and 4 blue dream. Look at the top right hand corner and the top left both in the back are shorter it looks like? I think the reflection of the light is too much? Because I keep the tent open and the ones in the front that don’t get as much reflection are big and healthy. I will make my own post and go more into detail.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X