continuing plant problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

continuing plant problems

Hello my Friends, started my winter grow, and once again, I'm having this same issue, the tips on the leaves, curl down. i just can't figure it out. any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Did they have a good enough roots for those clones? I water them pretty deep once they get well rooted and transplanted i keep that soil damp for them to spread out.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

drooping or curling down is either a watering problem or a temp/ humidity problem. what is the temp/humidity and how much how often do you water?
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Judging by the third pic, they are a bit dry. You may need to invest in a vaporizer to raise the humidity. You can also wash out used coco in fabric pots and let it dry out in the grow tent to help raise RH. It couldn't hurt to mist them once in a while too.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Happy Holidays & thanks guys! I got really busy for the Holidays, and didn't get a chance to reply. my girls are doing well, although they still get some white tips. I do have a humidifier in the room, not in the tent, and try to keep the RH around 60% . I typically water every other day, to a 10% runoff. haven't started adding any nutes yet, with the exception on recharge, 4oz every other watering. I'm trying something new to me, I'm trying to grow them horizontally. my tent is 54x28x80, so I'm going to try to grow them horizontally about 48" then top, and have a SOG. wish me luck!
          Attached Files

Comment

Yo dude, i would agree with the guys above in going with the problems just looks to me like an underdeveloped rootzone due to over-watering, especially if you say you're watering every other day to 10% run-off. If you've been watering as frequently/heavily since seedling stage then i suspect rootzone is underdeveloped, and it's suffering the over-watering issue on top of that. Your mature leaves look good & fine, it's only your new growth that is struggling to develop abit, which i would guess is too wet soil.

For plants of age/size of your pics, i personally would be giving them probably maximum 2L - 2.5L water every 3 or 4 days, and again at this stage i wouldn't be too concerned about run-off either - as long as you're slowly watering the whole soil surface it'll soak down fine till a dribble comes come out. Again, at this age/stage with you not yet adding nutes, there's no major salts build-up yet you need to worry about flushing out the bottom; if anything over-watering at this stage is more likely just washing the pre-existing nutes out the soil. Giving it some brief dry spells will help it develop the rootzone too, as it sends more out looking for water; atm it's got no reason to develop rootzone cause it's getting constantly soaked.

Your plants are also now the age where they'll be individuals with potentially different watering desires, so you may also have to be prepared to stop mass watering all at once and start watering each on their own individual schedule. It's good to only give them enough water proportionate to their size, so just increase in weekly increments as they grow and look to get good run-off once they're a few more weeks mature.
            Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 12-26-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Deleted by user
              Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

thanks guys. i always lift the pot before i water. using 3 gal fabric pot, they seem to be light every other day. plus with fabric pots the soil seems to separate for the fabric near the top, so when i water the edges first, some of the water runs straight down and begins dripping out the bottom, thus the 10% run-off. will start feeding them next week, 1 month after i transplanted them.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes that pooling running stream does tend to roll off the edge between soil an pot when they dry so fast. All i can do is pour slower use a long neck watering pail.

i use a hudson deck sprayer. unscrew the tip, so its a stream. works great the long handle makes it easy to water multiple plants, plus it holds 2 gal .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X