Dark phase/light phase air circulation needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark phase/light phase air circulation needs

More details on previous post. During light phase I have 2 intake fans, one bringing in air from below the plants and one at the canopy. One exhaust fan with carbon filter attached set on high. Also running, are an dehumidifier exhausting outside the room and an air conditioner at the top of the room that cools when needed. All of these keep my humidity at 50% to 52.5% and my temp between 75-77 degrees. During dark phase I turn off the canopy fan and lower the exhaust fan setting. Dark phase temps are set to run at 71-73 degrees. The humidity is maintained at 50%. Question: does turning off the canopy fan during dark phase affect plant growth processes. Should it stay on for overall plant health?

The only reason I can think of would be to prevent mold, especially if you have standing moisture between leaves. Others here will likely chime in but GWE pretty much covers it.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

When I initially set up everything I would kill one of my two circulating fans with lights out. My thought being I would swap the fans every couple of days in order to rest the motors. After everything was up and running and plants growing it hit me that when lights go out humidity naturally rises so I got worried about mold. I’ve had the fans on 24/7 since. I actually added a third that I run for 24hrs after watering, and also bought a spare so that I can swap them around (in order to rest the motors).

I don’t know if this is correct or not, just sharing my experience and tHAUGHTS 😆

Happy Growing!
      bd

Comment

fans circulate the air and prevent hot spots and also help deter pests like spider mites etc. as long as your humidity levels are okay turning one off should be fine it won't affect the growth unless there is too much humidity.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Originally posted by dilvish View Post
          fans circulate the air and prevent hot spots and also help deter pests like spider mites etc. as long as your humidity levels are okay turning one off should be fine it won't affect the growth unless there is too much humidity.
          Yes, there is this factor - Significant in my experience. Thanks!
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X