LED light positioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light positioning

I converted a 4x5x7 wine closet to a grow room. Couldn't afford collecting wine and buying weed. The walls, floor and ceiling are covered with a hammered reflective paper. After 20 or so grows, I recently switched from one 400W HPS to 2 Viparspectra V450's. My question is what is the best separation of the lights to maximize the PPFD below?

Not sure i understand " best separation of the lights" mean? But if your asking about height or distance between both lights, I have the same old vipars you do plus the newer P2500. I've used those 450 for years . They will run warmer than the newer LED but not as bad as HPS. All i ever did if i felt the tent got to warm was open the vent door put a stand up fan outside let it ocillate on low. I live in Oregon an don't run them when it's summer i grow outdoors then. Mine i had both in only a 3x3x63" tent it got above 85f if i had it shut up all vents and windows. Mine were about 6" apart and i don't use pullys i move my pots higher on risers and 4x4 wood blocks plus plastic risers with holes. If i need to move them closer to the lights i put another slab of wood 2x4 4x4 pieces.
    I really liked these lights, abit noisey now compared to new ones totally silent don't know there on, awesome LOL. I use fabric an plastic pots 3gal for autos no less than 5gal for photoperiod. Good luck and let us know how they grow. Welcome to the forum The photo of the vipars doing there thing ! Those are autoflower strains in the coffee containers.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X