Can someone tell me if this is something to be concerned about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me if this is something to be concerned about

I'm seeing what looks like a it of a rust colour on some of the leaves lately and I'm not sure what could be causing it. I'm growing in Coco with perilite using Gaia Green dry amendments. I'm pHing my water to 5.9-6.0 and I'm givng the plant about a gallon of water every 2-3 days depending on the feel of the pot. My temps are around 73-75 with RH around 45-55. Is this a deficiency or is it related to the fact that I'm almost at 10 weeks?. It's an AK47 Autoflower.
    Attached Files

Well i'm gonna say i think she's using up her energy to produce those colas, it's taking alot out of the plant. No i would not increase it's just how sometimes they look. I allow mine to really suck out all the nutes. Keep feeding the cal mag keep doing what you been doing. I don't know much at all about those gaia green dry food other than some other folks use it also. My food i use includes bat quano and i amend the soil after it's been in the pot for couple months with a top dressing of worm casings. I build my own soil mixes.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I forgot to mention I also top dressed with worm casings as well a couple of times during the grow. I'll just keep going as is and keep an eye on it. First time growing so just wanted to make sure it wasn't something to be concerned with. Things have gone well up to this point

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Your doing real good

she looks a little pale too but that could be just the stage she's in. the plant tries to use up all remaining nutrients when in the final stage so the whole thing start to have all it's leaves turn just keep feeding per the recommendations but be careful not to over water. at those temps the medium tends to take longer to dry out.

In future please post as much info about your grow as possible it helps determine what the problem may be.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

It's a slight calcium deficiency, I think. If you're trying to grow organically, you may want to pH your water to about 6.5 or maybe not at all. I'm trying out Mr. C's methods myself with Down-To-Earth equivalents. I couldn't get very far until I just let my water stand for 24 hours or more with aeration before using it. Hydro pH adjusters kill off the microbes that make organic growing work. Even using vinegar to lower pH is a mess because it stimulates bacterial activity which lowers the pH even more.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• bdeegan
          bdeegan commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been thinking about buying a aerator/bubbler to help me on my quest to grow more organically. What kind of ph increase do you get for aerating for 24 hours? Im sure there are other influencing factors; im just trying to ballpark it for right now.

Thank you!
          bd

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          My tap water is treated to prevent lead leaching from ancient pipes. It comes out of the tap at 9.0, but is weakly buffered. Last time I checked it after 24 hours of bubbles, it was at 8.0. It is a bit on the hard side but no Cal-Mag is ever needed. I was using GH pH Down and then apple cider vinegar to lower pH before I learned the hard way that I was burning my plants. That's why I switched to just letting the water "age" a bit before using. The plants I've started since then are nice and healthy. I've considered reverse-osmosis setups but don't want the expense and maintenance.

More food. And defoliate. How far are they into flower?

Comment

Looks good but I’d say a little hungry for nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X