Tis the season, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis the season, but

With all the destruction and loss of life, homes jobs, how can I say "Merry Christmas" to folks?
    And to add insult to their injuries, well its 70*F here this morning with a cold front moving in today. This would be a record low high for the day, but they say it will drop well below that before midnight, so no record. But it also means that strong storms and high winds are going to move over this hard hit area. Here in Oklahoma I have seen this first hand, and its never good. One of these storms struck about a mile from here, took cars from a parking lot that have never been found (most likely in the quicksand in the river).
    Best wishes to those in these areas, may your life return ASAP. IF I wasn't so disabled I would go give help, but I would just be in the way.

I say it for the kids
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Sorry to hear Rwise. I think the world is in a rough place right now also but to hit in budgals point, try to keep your head up for the kids. If we break their spirits now the world will really be screwed! I’m not looking forward to what 2022 has to offer but wtf can we do other than plan and prep?!? I’m not going to give up!

I am thankful for being born in America, for all her fault, we have it way better than a lot of places on earth! I am thankful for GWE as I don’t think I would have sticky, stinky bud in jars right now! Wait a second it’s not thanksgiving anymore we are talking Christmas…

Merry Christmas Rwise, thank you for always replying with your insight and information! I hope you stay safe and take care!

bd
      Last edited by bdeegan; 12-15-2021, 02:04 PM. Reason: Removed typo

Comment

The world is a different place now. Climate change, pandemics, globalization of economies, wars and even technology are all things that were less of a threat before the turn of the Century. We all have to adapt and although I agree with you about the whole "Merry Christmas" thing the point is to try to roll with the changes.

Personally I stopped believing in Christmas decades ago because of the commercialization of it all. I typically spend my money donating to charities than buying ANYTHING Christmas related.

When people ask me what I want for Christmas I tell them to please consider donations to the less fortunate rather than gifts. Instead of saying "Merry Christmas" I say Peace on Earth.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Personally I stopped believing in Christmas decades ago because of the commercialization of it all
          Me too, I tell my kids what I want is a hug!

All we can do is take one day at a time, make the best of what we have, care for each other, try and live in peace, plan for the worst, and hope for the best. Peace and good will to all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TIME.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	550063

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I used to dread unseasonally warm and humid days in Indian Territory because you knew the cold front had to come sooner or later.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like I'll be cutting the grass for Christmas this year, watch out for January/February, its gonna get cold.

For me I think snow would help, we almost never have a white Christmas.
          My thoughts/prarys go out to those hit hard by these winter storms, these folks have lost all. Looks like the one for today is staying north of the last one.
          For the kids, Merry Christmas!

Comment

I know what you mean . Things were much simpler back in the old days. Less hatred and much happier then. Keep your spirit up for your kids.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X