Growing under LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing under LED

First time growing under LED. Using 2×4 6500K panel. Looking for advice. Back in the 70's grew indoors under 4 foot Fluorescents and they worked well. When the children were born and random testing began I stopped. Now retired and started back growing. Why buy it when I can grow it.

Welcome Wizbang GWE is a great place to learn almost everything you will ever want to know, however it does require some work on your part too. I see you have been a member for over a year but this is your first time posting? This is very good if you have used that year to read and study the tutorials and guides on the main page. If you've just been lurking and browsing the forum that's fine too but you really need to read too. You should know by now that it is impossible to give advise without knowing your plan and equipment. Many here will gladly help with questions but we don't have time to spoon feed you. Not trying to sound like a lecture, just being straight with you. Wishing you success and Happy Pharming!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Wizbang
      Wizbang commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using a 2×4 6500k @ 75 watt high bay LED. Have experienced light burn on past grows. The tutorials on this sight have been great.
      Using Happy Frog soil in 3 gallon pots. My growth space is limited is why I use 3 gal pots.
      Been reading about watering and feeding.

We need details, such as how much power the light pulls from the wall and everything else.
    We agree, why buy what we can grow better!

Comment

Welcome to the board, and welcome to retirement and good bye to random testing. Leave that in the past. What you grow yourself is the best and cleanest you can get. We do need more information to help you, and you have to do your homework. Happy pharming.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Best advice I can offer on a switch to LED is to be a little conservative on height and intensity (if you have a dimmer). The high quality LED lights are way more powerful than you might expect and you can burn your plants or cause foxtails/hermies if you get carried away.

Best of luck on your grow.
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Thanks to all for your insight on my indoor growing under LED. I have a pair of do si do autos growing now and so far so good. I have taken advantage of the tutorials provided on this site. Have experienced light burn on a previous grow. So far so good on the do si dos. My high bay LED is 6500K at 75 watt. Just saying autos are new to me.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            75 watts from the wall sounds a bit weak for even one plant but you say it's 2x4 so I'm curious about the wattage. I would think it would be a lot more considering you mentioned light burn at some point. Please clarify and add your grow specs and thanks for the like that just popped in!

Yup...the prices are ridiculous so I too opted to grow it myself. Took some doing but it's been a real great time!!!
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X