X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Northern Lights - Seedsman - very slow to flower

Hi,

I got these: https://www.seedsman.com/eu_en/north...eminised-seeds
    It says they should kick in flower week 2-4.
    I have had first true leaves on Oct 25th. and i start Veg weeks counting from here.
    Today is 2nd day of week 7, i can see some hairs building up but im not convinced if this is flowering yet or still veg.

My concern is that these are either slow to flower autos or even photoperiods, what do you think?
    Was thinking leaving them another week on 18h light and if no big changes go to 12h.

I also just put netting in and spread even more out as im running out of LST tie down space slowly.
    Latest pictures below.
    Attached Files
    2.3 x 2.3 ft (70x70cm) Spiderfarmer grow tent.
    SF2000 Spiderfarmer Samsung LED ca 201W of the wall.
    AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 & carbon filter.
    Biobizz nutes and soil home manual mix.

Patience.........tell us what kind of light how many watts from the wall?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Your plants are just starting to flower, you can see a few pistils coming in now. The timings a breeder gives you is only a guide.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        Its a Spiderfarmer SF1000 light in a 2x2 tent, my 4th grow.
        Light is a 100W rated, so it pulls about ~125W at max inclusive a single fan on low but exclusive the charcoal filter and infinity fan that runs separate power line.
        All previous ones i grew were autos and this one is taking its time - just to bounce this off you guys if i should treat em as slower to flower autos.

Picture below is an earlier grow, not this one
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Probiotic; 12-09-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Northern Light likes lots of light...hence the name. At 100W it's not getting enough but that might just be one problem. if your temps are in the low end and your soil is taking 4 or more days to dry out then they will grow slower especially in soil.

Your fabric pots may be reabsorbing the run off in the catch trays so I would make sure you are either emptying out the run off or get an air grate or something underneath.
          A good temperature range is warmer than 70°F (21°C) at night and around 79°F (26°C) during the day. Humidity around 50% is perfect.

Grow times on seedbank sites are listed for strains grown under optimal conditions so unless you have a perfect formula and set up you will not see those times being accurate for a beginner.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I don’t have the knowledge that most of these other growers have but my last grow was the same, seedman northern lights. I does look like you are well behind as mine did flower at week 4. You just might have photos there.

Comment

Just to clarify, the name Northern Lights has absolutely nothing to do with your grow lights....lol. Northern Lights(aurora borealis) look it up.
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                TOKABIGONE commented
                Editing a comment
                In reality I find that autos in general like a lot of light throughout the grow. My two just finished autos were under 24/0 from start to finish with very good results. Off once when we lost power for 15 minutes.

Upcoming photo grow I will run 20/4 for a little break until I switch 12/12 for flower. I'm running 300w actual in a 30x48 in. space with about 4 feet of grow room above.
                Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 12-20-2021, 03:47 PM.

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey dilvish can you post a link that states Northern Lights strain needs or likes more lights than other strains? I've been looking,but havent found anything stating such nonsense...

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                My understanding is the strain was originally named Northern lites as they were grown up north near Seattle under lights.

Thanks for all the feedback, appreciated, i will go with one more week as is and re-evaluate then.
              I also read one comment in seedsman page for this strain that he also got photos.
              I am patient and all previous ones turned out pretty good with this setup but then again every strain has its own preferences.
              Thanks again for you time to reply and i will update soon again with new pictures. <3

Comment

Many people have had nl go long. Like 120 days. They take their time for sure. I would barely call them an auto at that stage but yes your are begining to flower. Another week they should begin to fill out.
                keeping it green with the soil thing
                love me some frosty autos
                braap
                BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Week 8 / Day 58 of Veg.
                  There is literally no change on flowering, few pistils similar to what was 1-2 weeks ago.
                  Plant is nicely pushing on and growing.
                  I will swap to 12/12 from tomorrow.
                  I'm enjoying this run actually and this strain, its very rigorous and trains well.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Probiotic; 12-20-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

decreasing the light won't help if its an auto and as I mentioned before NL likes lots of light...yours may be underpowered...100w isn't much.
                    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Make sure you have room for the stretch.

Comment

Hey there Probiotic welcome home! My best guess is photo on these. Most autos start flower at 3 to 4 weeks while photos go 8 to 10. The lighter color tops tell me flowering is eminent within a week. You definitely need more light for flower so go ahead and make that investment right now if you can! 12 hours strong light meaning at least 200w actual or better add 200 w for 300w. Otherwise I think you have a good looking grow happening! Happy Pharming!
                        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                        make pH correction unnecessary
                        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I also have an SF2000 Spiderfarmer 202W(actual) Samsung LED from the other tent i use with T5's right now for microgreens.
                          I might put that in tomorrow. (or all 3 combined, it would fit easy enough.)
                          But we can agree this is not really an auto, i recon the ruderalis part on this batch is almost non existant.
                          Previous grows went fine to be fair but on 18h auto schedule. edit: example: https://growdiaries.com/diaries/9599...ic/week/488905
                          So 12h full blast i believe is the way forward here :-)
                          Tent is reaching the 50% height mark now, so we should be good, i can always migrate the microgreens into the kitchen to free up other tent as i have them on shelves.
                          Last edited by Probiotic; 12-20-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Probiotic, I’m only 69yo, and have not the experience of some of those posting here, but Northern Lights, as I have come to understand (by looking it up) has not got its name due to its love for lots of light. All Cannabis plants love loads of light! Northern Lights name comes from the fact that it produces great amounts of crystal coated buds which sometimes turn purple in cooler climates. It thrives in many climates including northern climates. It does not make sense that it is so named due to loving lots of light. I am in the north, where there is not so much light this time of year! So where is the naming logic? It has been so hybrid that it may be difficult to predict flowering time. My last grow of NLs took nearly 17 weeks to finish, though they did flower very early unlike yours. You may have gotten photo seeds, in which case 12/12 will force them to flower. You’ll do all right. One 100w panel is enough for a small space with one plant. Enjoy!
                            New indoors grower.
                            super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
                            2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
                            2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
                            4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
                            Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X