S.O.S.! Please help to save the plant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case some more info (maybe it somehow helps):
    I have another plant (an 80% Indica hybrid a.k.a Auto Gorilla #5).
    She has 4.5 weeks currently and also exposes the similar problem: her leaf tips have slight light green color already.
    I feed her with the same fertilizer as the first plant. Today I decided to train it a bit to avoid reaching the led lights in the second grow box which is smaller and just 1m (3 feet) tall.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2021-12-09_20-59-43.jpg Views:	0 Size:	291.9 KB ID:	549496

Comment

I have to say it's got to be the blanket. It's an unorthodox method and for all you know there are synthetic chemicals leaching into the roots from the blanket. It could also be that like mentioned before, the blanket gets saturated and essentially forms an envelope suffocating the plants.

go buy a couple of fabric pots (they are inexpensive) and replant them both IMHO.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I checked that chart of possible problems and it doesn't look like the roots are suffocating. it looks more like either insufficient nutrients or watering problem (likely underwatering which i practiced to avoid overwatering).

Comment

I made some defoliation today. Maybe fallen leaves could help to take into it better to understand what was wrong?
          Some autumn leaves in December.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-12-11_13-31-23.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	549657

Comment

without trying to sound like a broken record...it's the damn blanket. buy some fabric pots and replant them and I am certain you will see a difference.
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• GreenHighness
              GreenHighness commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't mind to replant it! Isn't replanting dangerous at this stage?

Hi dilvish!

I removed the blanket. It was quite easy because i watered it few hours before and the soil cube was solid (glued together by the water) and didn't crumble/collapsed.
            Let's see what is going to be!

Comment

If it was totally solid when you pulled it out I'd say you found your problem...even wet some soil should have dropped off...wetting it before removal is essential so you don't damage the roots. "Glued together" means either it's root bound or it was compacted due to the blanket or both...that wasn't because you watered it . either way I would suggest now that the blanket (s) is gone that you do a thorough flush with properly PH'd water and see how she does. Make sure you start feeding properly on the watering following the flush (3-4 days).

Comment

I think i wasn't precise enough. The soil wasn't very solid like compacted. Some small amounts fell off like 1-2% of it but the cube itself kept the shape. That's why I could replant it easy.
                As always thanks for your advises and help!

Comment

I have got some info recently: my leaves stopped reacting on water. They don't become droopy anymore after watering as before. What problem can it be?

Comment

droopy leaves are a sign of too high heat or humidity or both and/or over or under watering. when you water make sure you don't water again until the first inch or more of the soil is dry (use your finger to test). In cooler temps (21C) soil tends to take longer to dry out especially if they are planted in the "pots" you have. This is a good reason to use fabric pots in future.

Another reason your leaves droop is that the plant may be root bound...you should have taken a pic of it when you removed the blanket.

Comment

It seems unfortunately the plant suffers but fortunately still grows and the flowers grow as well. I already have tried one average size bottom flower. It's ultra strong. As adverted by the seed bank. One inhale and you are gone away. It's one of the strongest greens I've ever tried. It needs to grow at least for 4-5 weeks more. But I'm not sure if it's possible.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well next time you'll have a better out come with knowledge you learned from this grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X