X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 4 of Flower, browning & withering of plant

Hi there,

I need some help with my current grow.
    I will try to give as much info as possible to help.

I am currently growing my second plant, after quick root rot on my first.
    It is a Fruit Gushers strain from Purple City Genetics.

I started it from seed on July 14.... vegged for 120 days under an 18/6 light cycle with a 600W LED equivalent grow light. (Link below if it allows me to post).
    I am currently on day 27 of flowering, under a 12/12 light cycle now.
    I have used advanced nutrients, grow, micro, and bloom when watering every 4 days (1 Liter). I am growing in fox farms ocean forest soil in a 3 gallon plastic pot (with drainage).

I had some issues with white powdery mold, and used Natria neem oil on the plant to rid it of this.

I was pruning off leaves as they were dying, thinking the plant was just using the energy stored in them, but it has come to the point where the plant looks a bit sickly and I am concerned.

I have been trying to do my research, but am not sure if this is possible nute burn, over/under watering, root issues, light bleaching etc. I have attached some pictures and would love any help.

Since the start of this grow, I have learned a lot, I bought fabric pots for my next grow, and plan to veg for less time so my plant is not crazy tall like it is now. I also know my light is not great, but it is my first grow.
    I am also planning on starting to flush the plant when watering.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the plant looks stretched so lighting looks like a possible issue. 120 days in veg that plant should be huge. you didn't speak about PH levels but judging by the color I'd say way too much nitrogen as the leaves are quite dark green.
    You also didn't mention temp or humidity. To get rot in an indoor grow means too much water, too high humidity or both.
    Make sure the PH of water/nutrient mix is between 6-7. I would flush thoroughly with properly PH'd water and then back off on the nitrogen more Phosphorous and Potassium. correct humidity to about 40% and temp to about 76F. At this point the light should be 18-24 inches from the top of the canopy.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Thank you for the response dilvish,
      Humidity is at 36%
      Temp is at 75F

Plant is 62" tall from the floor up, 52" tall from the base of the soil.
      I left the plant in Veg too long as I did not realize the growth that would continually happen when I put it to flower.

Tent is 79" tall, light was 8" from top of plant and the ratchet cables were bottomed out. I just ditched these and used zipties to get the light higher after reading your comment. I was unable to achieve 18-24", however it is now at 13" instead of 8". Light is at the top of the tent.

I do not have a PH tester. Is there one that you recommend?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think this light is strong enough either, only 110w it's the draw from the wall you want to look for in LED's besides alot of other specs. but that's a big issue if light isn't strong enough.

Hi JFF! I use this pen. You’ll need some distilled water to calibrate it.
      Good luck my friend!
      Photo Grow: 2 Strawberry Cough
      Manifold Training
      4x2x6 Grow Tent
      (2) ViparSpectras 450W LED
      AC Infinity Cloudline T6 & Carbon Filter
      Extra Fan, Humidifier
      FFOF Soil
      FF Trio Nutes
      Temp: 80* RH: 50%
      Well Water Adjusted to 6.5 ph

Comment

Thank you Mystic! I have looked at this, however do I want to be able to test the water that I am watering with, or the soil itself to find the current PH, and troubleshoot from there? I have seen some testers that test both soil and water, are these recommended?

Comment

• MysticMimi
          MysticMimi commented
          Editing a comment
          I just test the water, after adding the nutes.

On your next grow fiber pots are a good start. Get more/better/stronger light,and read up on low stress training and topping.You'll end up with a knee high bush instead of a 6' corn stalk.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X