Cannabis genetic testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis genetic testing

I had a bean in the last order that was not what it was supposed to be. That said, it turned out to be a favorite. I would like to have it tested to determine what strain it is, if that is possible. Anyone else gone down this road? What did you find, who does it, how much $ was it, can they test from a dried sample. And how the heck is one supposed to ship it across state lines with out committing a felony (US)? My search turned up many hits, and many look sketchy. Anyone with information or guidance in this type of endeavor please chime in.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

I'd like to do that too. I got a critical purple haze growing that looks like its suffering from dwarfism ...not short per se but overall if you compared it to humans it would be classified as a midget/dwarf. out of 3 seeds only 2 popped one looks like she's starting out just fine, the other, which popped 6 weeks ago, is the one that looks way too odd.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Comparing a small cannabis plant to small humans being a midget/dwarf... Can I try some of what you got?

A DNA test should tell or at least in the ball park. I would think under $100? How important to you to know? Visit Dark Heart Nursery. They have a good lab. if they can't help, maybe steer you in the right direction.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I have saved a tiny sample of street weeds: one the best for sleep, one the best for pain, hoping someday to learn their genetics.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X