8 cola manifold, remove extra shoots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 cola manifold, remove extra shoots?

Good morning, I’m a new and on my 2nd grow. Ive been following the nebula manifold directions and am just wondering if I should remove the little shoots from the bottom of the colas? Ive manifolded the plant down flat and most of the smaller shoots have reached the canopy top. Should i keep them or remove them? Im at 4 1/2 weeks of veg

Just leave them be. I would however check your PH and your nutrient feeding as well as watering habits. Judging by the picture they look a little pale which means not enough nitrogen.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Ive been researching like a madman. My soil is a blend of coast of maine organic and happy frog.Im running the gh flora series with cal mag, rapid start, and armor si. I’m following the “light feed” schedule on the manufacturers feed chart. Im also making sure my ph is between 6.1-6.3 and I've been adjusting my ppm based off of my readings for the age of the plant, right now my inflow ppm is around 600 and runoff ppm is around 650-700. Im watering 2x a week when the soil is dry down to about an inch and pots feel light, im alternating with plain phd water every other feeding. Unfortunately I’m still figuring out the light distance for my leds as Im very new to this.I have 2 sf2000 lights in a 32x32x65 and had them at 18.5 inches which I believe was too close. I noticed some bleaching and the brown spots were from spraying water with the lights on, live and learn. Ive since moved them up to 24”. I believe the paleness was due to light burn. I bought a cheap lux meter just to get an idea and based on the manufacturers ppfd chart and my meter, it looks like 600-650 ppfd is around 45,000-50,000 lux and thats where I’m at with the lights at 24”. The back plant looks bad, its an auto that I topped twice because everyone said not to. I just want to see what happens. Thanks again and thanks to nebula haze for publishing all of this great info, I’ve found something In me I didn't know existed
      Last edited by Closetfarmer; 12-04-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• dilvish
        dilvish commented
        Editing a comment
        paleness all over the plant is due to nutrient lock out. at those PH levels the plant isn't absorbing the nitrogen very well. In soil it should be right in the middle at 6.5. At 4.5 weeks in veg, the nutrients from the soil itself are likely spent and you now need to feed regular not light.

I’m new to this and on my second run also trying to find my way manifolding. I’ll throw some pictures up and hopefully it helps and maybe as the old timers come through I can get some tips too! I let this one get leafy as the humidity is LOW and I wasn’t worried about moisture like in the summer.

Comment

I wouldn’t remove anything on that plant yet. Here’s a tutorial that’ll better explain what to leave or remove during a manifold.

Here’s another link of mine to show how removing too much will screw it up

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...6187-july-2021

Comment

Keep them..thats one of the main purposes of LST, to get as many bud sites exposed to your lights as possible. Let them strengthen up and grow in line with your main stems. Keep the canopy as flat as possible. When you are ready to flip to 12/12 then you trim off any lower bud sites that arent gonna see too much light. Use them for clones or toss um.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
          Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
          Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X