Foliar spraying...the new "fix all" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foliar spraying...the new "fix all" ?

Do I have your complete attention now? Great!

I just wanted to say in the past I have discouraged the use of Foliar spraying. What I should have said is that I don't recommend it for noobs unless they know exactly what they are doing as it can be beneficial or a nightmare for plants depending on the situation. Most noobs have enough issues as it is and recommending or agreeing with Foliar spray is likely not a good idea until they know "the basics".

Having said that I have been reading some very interesting articles on the subject and have tinkered with liquid kelp as a foliar spray and I have to say it appears to work quite well under specific conditions.

Any one else have good experiences with Foliar nutrient sprays (not just PH'd water)?
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Not so much, but I've heard nothing but good things about kelp. The closest I've gotten to a foliar feed is using Lost Coast Plant Therapy to discourage pests and to reduce stress.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Myself I wouldn't call it a fix all, but it can help with growth in veg stage. I have used several products and home made stuff too.

Comment

The liquid kelp seems to be doing a remarkable job...kinda wish i'd done this sooner! having said this it could also just be the way the current strain is responding to it
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

When my plants are showing any deficiencies I brew a kelp meal tea with alfalfa 24-48 hrs later it’s like I used one of those bottled chemicals that make miracles lol j/k but yes kelp is great and sooo cheap it’s no wonder grow shops don’t tell us about it huh..

Comment

dilvish aloe Vera is great as well. I use it to help what I’m spraying stick to the leafs longer due to the saponins on aloe Vera. You can also use soap nuts aka aritha nuts. You can find them at any Indian market.

Comment

yes I expected that grow shops would look at selling anything that would improve an indoor yield or help to correct plant issues. if done properly nutrient foliar sprays get absorbed quicker via the leaves and from what I have read, PH is not an issue (roots only).

I use Liquid kelp for growing wheatgrass (hydroponically) as well and it certainly makes the grass thicker and grow faster. I have a cat who is addicted to the stuff so in order to save money I decided to grow it from bulk seeds!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X