First plant with a pot for pot drooping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First plant with a pot for pot drooping

Hey all! I recently germinated my first seed and planted it in a jiffy pellet with perlite and coco and super soil at the bottom with a half gallon miniature kit from A Pot for Pot. That was Nov 8. Since then I’ve learned an astronomical amount in a short time and have upgraded to a tent following NebulaHaze’s 100w quantum board hlg led guide. All was well but then on day 2 after moving into the 2x2x4 tent I saw droopy leaves and some small brown spots towards the edges. It seemed papery and sad and the pot was light so I think I went too long without watering. Attached are pics before moving into the tent, the droopy plant on day two, and today after a full watering with 10% runoff yesterday and today. Pics are uploading weird on mobile but the uncaptioned photos are from earlier today, watering and moving the light up.
    Temp has been averaging 81, humidity at around 40%

How long should I expect to wait before I see things normalize if it was underwatered? Also, what does it seem like my problem(s) is/are? I moved my light higher and made sure it is properly watered before heading out today. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TheGrimReefer; 11-25-2021, 04:26 PM.

As a side note, my 2nd seedling I’m growing in coco and perlite sprouted out of the jiffy pellet and is already showing it’s first two leaves. It seems pretty healthy and seems to be growing quickly right next to this one. Both seeds are ilgm OG kush autoflowers

Comment

It looks fine. The leaves are turned down a bit but it should be good. For now just water directly around the plant until it gets bigger. Let dry out between waterings but not bone dry. Better to underwater a bit than overwater. Make sure you ph the water first.

Comment

• TheGrimReefer
        TheGrimReefer commented
        Editing a comment
        I did PH my water so that’s a factor I ruled out. After coming home just now, they are just as droopy as the first photo. I’m going to hope that moving the light even further helps.

I noticed you didn't say what distance the light was away from the seedling. One of the first things to do when noticing problems is raise/dim the light.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• TheGrimReefer
        TheGrimReefer commented
        Editing a comment
        Initially it was around 24” from the plant. Now around 30” away

With your plants at this size I wouldn’t be watering the whole pot with run off. You only need a little bit at a time when they’re young or you’ll drown the roots.

Comment

I moved the light to the top of the tent as high as I could get it last night based on Cloud’s advice and the leaves seem to finally be perking back up this morning. I’ll go back to watering as needed now that the light stress seems to be the issue. Thanks for your help everyone! Will update if things take any more turns.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X