Time of Use Electricity Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time of Use Electricity Pricing

To use the cheapest electricity (I have time of use pricing) I need to run my grow light on for 8 hrs, then off for 4 hrs during peak pricing, then on for another 2 - 8 hours as needed - will that ON~OFF~ON schedule screw up the plants internally ?

Autos it shouldn't matter since they can be under 24/7 lights. I also had a rate increase for last summer but peak hours were from 12 pm to 7 pm so if I had of been growing I would made that part of my dark period. As for how it will affect photos I pretty sure that will screw up and hermi the plants while in flower.

Comment

If they are photos you can try 12/1 lighting. 12 hours on, 5.5 hours off, 1 hour on, 5.5 hours off, repeat. I haven't used this method, just read about it. You might be able to make it work for your needs. I believe this was developed to both make better use of energy pricing and to mask the pattern of energy use from LEO.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Ultimately you need to ask yourself if it's worth the hassle or the electricity savings to produce a decent yield. A lot of that also depends on the type of light you are using as some draw more power than others. If possible run your lights at night then use the natural light of day from a window etc. (if you can) to further the grow if they are Autoflower strains. If they are photoperiod you will ruin the growth cycle using the method you described.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Myself I would set the timer to run at off peak hours, cost will be less just from heat savings (ok not drastic)
          8/4/8/4 might work, I myself have not tried it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X