THC (and others) content measurement by vape extraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THC (and others) content measurement by vape extraction

Recently I performed an experiment where I ground some bud and carefully weighed 1g. Then it was run through the Arizer max q vape, with all the plant material leftovers carefully collected. The results showed a 26% reduction in total weight. While there may be some water in there to account for some loss, It shows the approximate content of the trichome content. I'll take 26% any day. I think I just performed a crude quantitative analysis on THC (and others) bud content. While this method is not as accurate as a mas spec lab report and does not separate and count different compounds, it does give an insight as to the total trichome content of a bud. I will work on this process to try and remove any water first for more accurate measurements.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Not being familiar with an Arizer max vape, when you say 'run through the arizer...' do you mean that you are vaping the bud that you are experimenting with? If that's the case the work refining and confirming your results sounds like its gonna be fun.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

This is the vape I am experimenting with:

I've got some help with running the experiments, someone has to do it!
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Cool idea, makes sense as a rough estimate. What temp did you vape at. If you get over 400 F, you may be starting to burn plant mass.

I have a pretty good scale and I'm going to try this myself.

BTW, one gram is a pretty generous bowl of vape, be sure you write the measurements down carefully... LOL
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          I have found 195 - 196 C produces the best vape on this unit. The 1g wasn't in the same bowl. Had to collect it over the day.

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, 195 degrees C = 383 degrees F, right on the money!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X