Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hairyman
    replied
    I use peanut butter jars. I eat alot of peanut butter and so I have lots of them. The small Adams ones hold 1oz of weed..

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    I got these for my last grow. They’re 1gal mason jar that can easy fit 5oz + of bud inside. Much easier only burping one instead of multiples but obviously only useful if you have a lot of the same strain

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    Here are some clamp top, various sizes, free shipping at $49 https://www.worldmarket.com/product/...ks&from=Search They have some 2-packs of quart jars, I was looking for the gallon jars with screw-on lids that I bought from them.

If you want to check other stores, these shipped for me: https://www.worldmarket.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks
    Last edited by Puglover1; 11-25-2021, 10:34 AM. Reason: added suggestion

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    Dollar General has had more jars than anywhere I've been. (not that I need them but I still look.)

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I think its the fear of PCBs that keep folks from using plastics. I understand as even bottled water is not safe IF it has been exposed to direct sunlight (and maybe heat) which leaches PCBs from the plastic into the water.

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    So you will eat and drink food stored in plastic containers you won't smoke bud stored in it? Well I'm screwed cause a lot of the weed I purchased came in a plastic baggie. Definitely a shortage of jars. Been looking for them myself for a few months. I'm using the 1/2 gallon glad food containers and the bud is curing great. DeadlyFruit I tried cramming 2oz into quart jars a good 2 months after cure and did get some mold. Rh was stabilized at 58 but still showed up so I'm not doing that again.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I found the best price on wide mouth quarts at Target, I picked up a case or 2 ever time I went there, I have 2 cases left over.

Leave a comment:

• bdeegan
    replied
    Nice, but sad, to hear I’m not the only one struggling to find jars. I cannot find quart size any where (locally)!

Leave a comment:

• soonboomer
    replied
    I had 24 when I started my harvest (Wal Mart was the best source at the best price), but needed 6 more and none were available in OKC. Had to settle for quart size, and even they were hard to find with wide mouths.

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    I would venture to guess even food grade plastic containers would not be a good idea. Plastic can cause all kinds of problems and I'd advise not using it for curing and storing because cannabis contains oils that could penetrate the plastic over time causing it to breakdown and eventually leech into the buds.

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyFruit
    replied
    I’ve been slowly acquiring cobalt coloured mason jars. They are a fair bit more expensive so I just pick up a 4 pack or two whenever I am at the hardware store. I pair them with a one piece plastic lid also made by ball (sold separately). It is dishwasher safe and won’t rust like the metal lids (not suitable for actual canning though). Sorry, this doesn’t solve your problem, and both the lids and jars are way more expensive on amazon.

I do the usual approach of an ounce/jar but what I would like to add to your question, if you don’t mind, is if there is a problem with doubling it to two ounces in the jar once the bud is cured and the humidity has stabilized? Does it continue to need the additional head room to deter mold? Has anybody tried this and did it cause problems? Given my summer grow turned out massive (compared to my normal yield) I have run out of jars (~2 pounds @ 1oz/jar is a lot of jars). If I can do 2 ozs/jar now that it is all dried and stabilized I will have enough free jars free for the winter grow.

edit:attaching pics mentioned in my comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D668C05C-FE5A-4417-9567-7994A5BDCDD7.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	548244
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8575E68E-7051-4D78-BCE8-AA760294F090.jpeg
Views:	342
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	548245
    Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 11-27-2021, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Smoklahoma Before u use plastic check Uline.

Uline stocks over 29,000 shipping boxes, packing materials and mailing supplies. Same day shipping for cardboard shipping boxes, plastic bags, janitorial, retail and shipping supplies.

Leave a comment:

• Smoklahoma
    started a topic Jar shortage

Jar shortage

Been trying to find some 1/2 gal Mason jars. Everyone is out of stock, except amazon and they want $65 for a six pack. Not happening! Going to buy some food grade 5 gal buckets with gamma seal lids to cure in. Does anyone here use buckets to cure in? I know a couple of the commercial growers here do. Just wanting some opinions.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X