Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should my feeding water/runoff PH be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should my feeding water/runoff PH be?

Ok, Here's the deal, my plants are growing nicely in the coco coir, 5 gallon fiber pots, and they're just now getting to where I'm feeding them every day or so.
    I try to keep the food at or near PH 6.0 after mixing.

My question is should I be monitoring the RUNOFF PH as closely as I am the FOOD PH?
    If so, should I check it at every feeding or like once every few days/ week?
    And lastly what should my runoff PH be for both Coco AND soil as I have 1 plant growing in soil.

Thanks
    Grumpy Old Man
    Here's what I've got:

4'x4'x80" Maxsisun tent
    2 - MF2000 Maxsisun 230w LED lights
    3 - 5 gal fabric containers -
    MotherEarth Coco bale 100% coco
    RapidRooter plugs
    390 CFM exhaust fan
    2 - 6" Fans
    1 - 12" Oscillating fan
    Fox Farm Nutrients - Hydroponic Food, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom
    Cal-Mag
    Current grow - Gelat.OG x 3

I have never used coco but I find that checking the RO is an important to control for my watering schedule and PH adjustment.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Last year's run was in coco, I will stick with it. I aim for Ph 6 to 5.8 and have had good results. Do you have the Ph guide from GWE? :

Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!

I never check the run off unless there are problems which have not happened. Just make sure you have adequate run off in the coco. Your run off volume should be at least 10% of the volume you feed it. Do you have perlite mixed with the coco? Not familiar with the brand of coco u r using. Is it buffered? My water supply is stable and I keep records of Ph adjustment requirements, so once I have the formula I do not check it. I can't speak to soil runs.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Do have plant problems? If not I don’t see the need personally. What happens if you have nice healthy plants, check the RO and it’s not where you want to be? Are you then gonna start fucking about trying to correct a problem that isn’t there? It’s just something else to worry about unnecessarily

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          In other words, if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Ok, Ckbrew, I keep the food PH pretty close to 6.0, (5.9 - 6.1), and I'm feeding them 24 oz about every day or so (they're getting Fox Farm Hydroponic food at 1/2 strength every other feeding, otherwise they get PH adjusted water), and I usually get a couple of ounces of runoff.

As far as the coco, I found it (somewhere) on the GWE site, so I'm not sure if it's buffered or not, I have a 2/3rd coco, 1/3rd perlite ratio.
        I'm also keeping detailed records for this grow, my tap water is pretty stable at 7.0, but I bring it down to 6.0 pretty easily.

MagicMike66, I don't have any growth problems, they're getting ready for LST shortly, they're growing their 4th set of leaves now, so I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, huh?!

I appreciate the input,
        Thanks again,
        GrumpyOldMan
        Here's what I've got:

4'x4'x80" Maxsisun tent
        2 - MF2000 Maxsisun 230w LED lights
        3 - 5 gal fabric containers -
        MotherEarth Coco bale 100% coco
        RapidRooter plugs
        390 CFM exhaust fan
        2 - 6" Fans
        1 - 12" Oscillating fan
        Fox Farm Nutrients - Hydroponic Food, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom
        Cal-Mag
        Current grow - Gelat.OG x 3

Comment

I would only check run off if the plants have a problem. Watering everyday may be a bigger issue...instead soak the pot and allow 20% runoff. water every 2-3 days (assuming higher temps in the grow room) or as the pot starts to dry out.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Honestly of your not having problems don't go chasing your run off values or you'll guaranteed start having problems I only check run off for PPM/EC to make sure they are eating properly I tried to get my PH perfect and never again I'll only mess with it if I have a random problem. If it ain't broke don't fix it

Comment

I only check the run off occasionally or when there is problem.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X