Infusing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infusing question

I recently started making cannibus oil using an electric infuser. The infuser has a preset button to make oil and that takes one hour. Is there any advantage (or disadvantage) in changing the amount of time it takes? I couldn't find anything in the manual or online. Thanks.

As a rule of thumb, the longer the extraction the more product will be extracted, the limit being is the amount of oil your weed contain. The amount of oil you will get in function of the time is non linear but we would need to know what kind of infuser it is for more detail.

Comment

Thank you. My infuser is *Infusion Buds* if that helps. My instruction manual isn't very helpful.

Comment

I don’t know much about the infuser but when I make budder I generally leave it for a bit longer than an hour. I don’t have any evidence that I am doing it for the right amount of time. If you want to do an experiment run a cycle then take your leftover plant matter and run it a second time with new oil. It will obviously be weaker but is there any snap to it at all? If it takes 5 times as much to get a dose then you are probably good at an hour but if it still has a good amount of snap to it then I would up the time.

edit: one other factor to keep in mind, the longer you let the process run the more undesirable plant materials will make their way into the infused oil (lipids and chlorophyll mainly). Leaving it longer should increase strength but also the bad taste factor.
        Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 11-29-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I own a Levo I and every infusion run I do with coconut oil is for 2.5 hours at 175 F.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X