Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having an issue with Ocean Forrest???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having an issue with Ocean Forrest???

We are continuing to have a problem with this grow. This is our 3rd grow and you would THINK we would be getter better! These are the last two plants. The other 5 are cut and hanging to dry. We have had a on going problem with PH dropping, We flushed and transplant these two last weekend. After the flush we did get the PH back to 6.5, and gave them a dise of nutrients. they are still yellowing and not improving. We grew 3 different strains, everything was in 3 gal pots, these last two are 5 gal pots. Could the soil be an issue? When we moved from 3 gal to 5 gal pit this week both had excellent looking roots, so Im stumped.
    lights are 37” away, 80% power. Rest of info is in my signature
    thoughts please?
    Last edited by Dbdigger; 11-21-2021, 06:09 PM.
    Soil grower FF
    Mars Hydro LED TSL 2000
    2x4 tent
    GH trio

Sorry struggling with pics
    Soil grower FF
    Mars Hydro LED TSL 2000
    2x4 tent
    GH trio

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      I've found one needs to continue on with a weak solution of grow neuts, in addition to bloom neuts during flowering
      when growing in Ocean Forest.

Had the same thing happen to me with this bag of FFOF. After about 5 weeks plants started suffering badly. Started looking like Mg deficiency. Anything I did made it worse. Was watering at 6.4. First time I checked the run off it was less then 6. Started pHing to 6.7 and it got worse. Flushed it with 6 gal of pH 6.9 water in a 3 gal pot. Checked the pH of the runoff and it was still 6.1. Plants are pretty much toast now as they were autos. Don't know what else to do. Coast of Maine Stonington blend next run.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunterwoody View Post
      Had the same thing happen to me with this bag of FFOF. After about 5 weeks plants started suffering badly. Started looking like Mg deficiency. Anything I did made it worse. Was watering at 6.4. First time I checked the run off it was less then 6. Started pHing to 6.7 and it got worse. Flushed it with 6 gal of pH 6.9 water in a 3 gal pot. Checked the pH of the runoff and it was still 6.1. Plants are pretty much toast now as they were autos. Don't know what else to do. Coast of Maine Stonington blend next run.
      We have been jacking up the PH when watering to try and bring up the PH. When we did the flush, we finally were only able to get to 6.5 aftter PH in up to 7 and using tap water. This next watering its creeping back down, now at 6.2 and 6.3 on the other. I have suspected it's a soil issue because every single plant has this issue, and these last two were started weeks after the first girls. Our first 5 are just a complete joke, all fluff, no hard buds.
      Soil grower FF
      Mars Hydro LED TSL 2000
      2x4 tent
      GH trio

Comment

Exact same issues here.

Comment

Stoneington blend is hotter than FFOF Good Luck
          1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
          1 sf2000 @200 watts
          2 philzon @230 watts
          2x4x5 tent
          3x6x8 closet
          Fox Farm ocean forest
          Black gold for seedling
          3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
          RH 40-60
          Temp 70-80
          Feeding with FF trio with molasses
          calmag and a little flower fuel
          Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think it's a nutrient issue. I think it's a buffering issue. I use Dynagrow bloom with Mag pro. It has some N. Shouldn't have to pH to 7.5 to get a runoff of 6.5

I use FFOF with organic dry amendments and never experienced issues with the soil. There is only enough fertilizer in the soil to get halfway through flower. To heavy nutrients and if plant drinks a lot but not the nutes makes salts build up in the medium which causes the low ph imo. That was my biggest issue growing in coco with GH trio nutes. I live in a desert with a humidity average of 15% and water in the pot was evaporating and leaving behind heavy salt buildup.
          640 watt hlg quantum board
          320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
          300 watt mars hydro sp3000
          150 watt hlg quantum board
          100 watt spider farmer led x2
          organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
          Water only i don't check ph
          6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            I've used FFOF and Dynagrow nutes for my last 4 grows and haven't had this problem before. Never started nutes till the plants told me to. That's why I really thought it was a bad batch of soil. Had it happen twice this grow. Same problems different strains. Started 1 month apart. Always pHd the water and nutes to 6.4-6.5 Just frustrating.The problems started before I even started giving nutes.

^^^^ What Cloud said.

I mix FFOF with well seasoned compost and water with 7.0 pH tap. Runoff pH is also ~ 7. I only add CalMag until flower, then 25% FF-trio nutes till the flush.

I wonder if Fox Farm is sending out a bad batch? Might be worth a call to them to report your problems.

I plan to try Coast of Maine next run after hearing good feedback locally.
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

moving them to a fresh pot with new "hot" soil could have been the problem if you continued to add nutrients. FFOF should have enough nutrients in it for 3-4 weeks so adding more could be the issue.
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              These were planted directly in a pot of FFOF with a pocket of about a quart of happy frog in the center for the seedling to start. Worked great. Plants flourished for 5 weeks with just pHed water. Then all hell broke loose. Started before I even started adding nutes. Runoff pH fell to 5.8. Corrected for pH to 6.7 with a little cal/mag included and it fell to 5.7. then I flushed with 6 gal of just water at pH of 6.9. got the pH up to 6.1-6.2. continued watering at 6.9 for another weekend it stayed around 6.1 but looked like shit. Def lockout. Just seems like they missed something in the recipe. It's never happened before with FFOF

Add some dolomite lime next grow. About 2/3 cup to 5 gallons of soil. That should help with the buffering and you shouldn't need cal mag at all. I think the liquid nutes cause the soil to lose it's buffering capacity quickly.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I have a great grow going with FFOF and swear by it. Interestingly enough, I did have a drop in pH this grow in the beginning but I was being a dumbbell and causing the issue myself, A soon as I corrected the pH Down and was feeding/watering with 6.5-ish pH they rebounded and grew like crazy.

PS - I feed them from week 3-4 onward through the whole grow as FFOF depletes.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses. Sorry Dbdigger for stealing your thread. Just really frustrated. Didn't expect these problems. I also usually start feeding around week four or five and these started flowering at week 5. That's when it started. I was feeding bloom after the flush but it didn't help. This grow is toast and I'm not sure what I can do different next grow except go with another product and monitor runoff from the start not just after a problem.

Comment

This was her at about 4.5 weeks of just pH 6.4-6.5 water. I didn't take any pics at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunterwoody View Post
                    Thanks everyone for your responses. Sorry Dbdigger for stealing your thread. Just really frustrated. Didn't expect these problems. I also usually start feeding around week four or five and these started flowering at week 5. That's when it started. I was feeding bloom after the flush but it didn't help. This grow is toast and I'm not sure what I can do different next grow except go with another product and monitor runoff from the start not just after a problem.
                    No problem at all! Everyone on here has struggled st some point in time and the more information we can give, get & receive will help everyone.
                    As a follow up, we just added a little lime, but it definitely will not be as effective as starting the soil out with it. We need to be more diligent next grow about starting adding nutrients after week 3 or so. We also returned the unopened extra bad of FFOF we have here today. They exchanged it with a new bag. Good luck! Keep posting as your grow continues.
                    Soil grower FF
                    Mars Hydro LED TSL 2000
                    2x4 tent
                    GH trio

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X