Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My pistils are already red and curled but the bud is not filling up! What’s wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pistils are already red and curled but the bud is not filling up! What’s wrong?

I am in the end of the 3rd week of bloom and some of my “buds” are already with all the pistils red and curled but the bud itself is not filled up… could anyone tell me what could be wrong?

If anyone could help me figure it out what could be wrong or if Im just freaking out over nothing, it will be much appreciated! Thanks fam

Comment

You still have a long ways to go. What day of flower?

Comment

• FSgrower
        FSgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        24 days today

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, long ways to go. Nothing uncommon or anything to worry about. Most likely genetics, possibly over fed but the leaves in the pic look healthy. Definitely not caused by touching it with your bare hands 😂 although not recommended, I have a feeling that was just for the pics.

If the leaves start showing signs then adjust accordingly, otherwise carry on. White Widow and Kush’s often have a mix of red pistols early in flower in my experience. Low temps will also cause them to change color early. The leaves are your signs of trouble
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 11-18-2021, 08:51 PM.

• FSgrower
        FSgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much!! This time was just for the photo haha but I did touch them a bit early on to see if I found any balls or bananas since Ive discovered a hermie in the first week of flowering It was my first encounter with a hermie and I freaked out a bit.. this is only my 3rd cycle! But thanks for all the info, Ill pay more attention to the leaves from now on as well

Working with zero info on your plant I just guessing as the buds have not grown or filled out yet and if these are photo period you have a long way to go yet. Don't worry too much about pistils as the trichomes are what you need to focus on for bud maturity. I see some leaf cupping too which might be windburn from fans blowing too directly on plants. Again I'm guessing as we can't really help or diagnose without full disclosure of lights,nutes, water habits and on and on. Be sure to STUDY not just read the tutorials on main GWE site. Welcome to GWE forum!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• FSgrower
        FSgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Im sorry for not giving much information before… but the temperature right now is not ideal during the day It stays between 28-29C and at night I take them to the other room to sleep with the air con on so the temperature its around 20C, although my city is very humid, the humidity levels are in between 55-57% inside the tend… where I have 2 fans, one of them it is kind of directly blowing into them for sure (when I say kind of its because I used some encyclopedias so it doesn’t blow 100% directly) Im gonna try to put the fan in a different position, tomorrow morning, but It is absolutely necessary to have 2 fans there cause if It doesn’t the temperature goes up to 30/31C (the other fan its all the way up the tend, its blowing on the direction of the LEDS so it doesn’t heat up too much) sorry for any typos and thank u for the info and suggestion about the fan
        Last edited by FSgrower; 11-18-2021, 05:12 PM.

Oh probley using wrong amounts of ferts looks like but not really sure cause we don't know how it's being grown. My help sign is not open yet, gimme another hour or so and some caffine LOL
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• FSgrower
        FSgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        The ppm it is a little lower because I transplanted them a little too late, its around 600 right now, but Im already using more, just not adding too much at once so it doesn’t go into nutrient lock out.. (at least thats what Ive heard I should do on the internet) the feeding schedule says I should use 1ml/L, rn Im using 1,5/L might go to 2ml/L next week too see if it gets better … Im trying really hard to reach at least 1000 ppm…

they still need time. we do need to know what your set up is to better diagnose the problem, if any. Judging by the pic it could be to hot as the leaves are "canoeing" and they are quite green so potentially too much nitrogen as well but again more info needed
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• FSgrower
        FSgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        That might really be the problem… but I really dont know what else to do to lower the temperature… Im already using an extractor fan turbo, to get the heat out thru the window, a different fan to bring new air, 2 regular fans to circulate air, and a potable air conditioner (which is not the best, but I cant move the whole grow to my visits bedroom by myself, for the air con, I take the plants to sleep there at night tho lol)

• FSgrower
        FSgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        I do believe it might be a wind stress as tokabigone suggested … so Ill try to fix that as soon as the lights turn on tomorrow morning, and thank u for the feedback

Originally posted by FSgrower View Post
      If anyone could help me figure it out what could be wrong or if Im just freaking out over nothing, it will be much appreciated! Thanks fam
      They are turning red from you touching them the oils and stuff from your hands. It will keep producing Pistils all throughout flower from the calyxes. The pistols job is to catch pollen and make a seed inside of the calyxes but as that fails the plant fills the unpollinated calyxes with plants matter and throws up more Pistils to try and carry on the existence of its species. Never touch your buds or handle them until your ready to chop the plant down. Also can happens from spraying any type of foliar feed or pesticide on the plant

Comment

• dilvish
        dilvish commented
        Editing a comment
        never heard of that before...where did you get that information?

• FSgrower
        FSgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much Bro, this new info really helped! I had no idea about this… I might have touch them a bit, cause I found a hermie early on and was looking to see if There was any sign of balls or bananas on the others… but since Ive cleared them of that possibility Ill be more careful not to touch the buds till harvest
        Last edited by FSgrower; 11-21-2021, 12:10 PM.

still need more info...you haven't even told us what temps you are dealing with. FYI fans, a/c units, humidifiers, lights etc. all generate some heat (called radiant heat) on their own. Fans won't cool down a grow room...all they do is circulate the air so all that equipment could be the heat problem.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1623521731271_6809543691559109067.jpeg
Views:	360
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	547473Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210802_001211168.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	547472Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210523_004332254.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	547470Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210523_003926547.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	547471​ I got my information from experience growing lol I even posted a fake problem just to see if people here knew what's up

Comment

So there you have it. Nice buds BCOutdoorBudz .

Comment

Dbag alert

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Copy that bboyfromwayback. Got the info

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              Great minds huh! I seriously was just thinking of you and my thought was ‘I bet when budgal reads this she’ll be glad she didn’t chime in with anymore info’ on this one lol

Originally posted by Fjeff View Post
            So there you have it. Nice buds BCOutdoorBudz .
            Thanks any time I can drop a bit of knowledge I'll try, so many people pass on bad info to others because they read it on a forum or their buddies dad told them. I go by science it need to be proven properly for me to believe it and then I'll do it myself to make sure then I'll pass on what I know

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X