X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethos - Inzane in the Membrane

Hi all,
    Hope everyone is happy and healthy.
    Been away for a bit and haven't grown for almost 10 months. But as things happened a growing buddy offered me 2 clones from his mother plant. Being this plant has the reputation of being super strong' uplifting smoke with big yields I could not refuse them. Not to mention Ethos Genetics is not breeding the strain Inzane in the Membrane anymore. So hope you enjoy my little adventure and the grow turns out as good as I hope it will.
    Growing in 70/30 coco/perlite in 7 gal fabric pots using Remo Nutes. Hand watering.
    2ft x 4 ft tent. 230 W Q-board style light along with a marshydro 110 W cob light. Both set at 20/4 light/dark.
    4 inch cloudline exhaust fan. 8 and 6 inch circulating fans. Passive fresh air intake( 2 lower screened vents open).
    Cheers!

Kool !! I'm looking forward to your grow John !! Mine it's almost done and if all goes well I'll be taking a little break down in the Yucatan.

Good growing sir !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      warm for the winter. cool indeed.

Hello JohnEmad nice to see you back. Insane in the Membrain loved saying that strain and i do remember seeing it now i wished i'd bought it LOL.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks budgal. good to be back. If work stays slower. but who knows. I will take what I get. Ya wished I had bought this back then too but sometimes second chances come around.

Since I’m wrapping up my first (and EASIEST damn grow I’ve ever had) AutoPot grow, I have to ask why you’re hand watering this run? Were the AutoPots too boring for ya, so you took 10 months off to go all prehistoric again 😂

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      hey BBoy., glad to see your grows are getting easier. I will have to take a look at your grow.
      ya I almost got out the autopots again but as everything is nicely packed in boxes just decided to hand water. I do like the Autopots and when things calm down they will re-appear.

Almost 3 weeks since my 1st post. Time has wings apparently.
    Now have 3 plants going in a 2x4. Not ideal but If I don't let them veg too long it should work out.
    Far left is a Bruce Banger from Seedsman. Topped after the 3rd node and will soon snip all the lower branches and do some tie down to make an even canopy. She looks healthy and has short node spacing.
    The 2 Izane's have been watered and fed 1/2 strength nutes 3 times now. Have been doing LST and both were topped. They show their sativa heritage and are looking to be much taller then the BB.
    Lights at 24 inches and lowering slowly to about 18 inches.
    Temps good and humidity low but ok at 35 to 37%
    Initial start saw yellowish leaves and some small brown spots on all the plants but xtra calmag as coco needs seems to have turned them around.
    Looking forward to the next 3 or so weeks in veg and then the flip. Not too concerned with days in veg but am letting the plants tell me when things are ready.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 12-07-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

About week 5 and found the Inzanes are hungry girls. Upped the feeding to 650 ppm and xtra cal/mag. It has stopped the yellowing but they still seem to want more. Did a minor trim and have basically finished the main structures. Should fill out nicely from here.
    The BB is well on it's way to having the LST done as well. This plant seems happy with about 500 ppm for nutes but will get a higher concentration of food next time as well. Going to have to raise her up a little.to match the Inzanes in height. A few more weeks and will make the switch to 12/12.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy that training looks great JohnEmad

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Budgal. Much appreciated.

Another 2 weeks has zipped by. Covid is still here but we managed to visit friends and family over the holidays. No one showed signs of a cold either before or after so great news there.
    Worst thing here in the north right now is the extreme cold with wind chills hitting close to -50 some nights. Today got up to a balmy -20C. lol

Oh ya the plants. To be honest I have been neglecting them much of the time but they are doing well anyway or maybe because of that.
    Flipping to 12/12 over 4 or 5 days. I am expecting to run out of room both sideways and upwards. Going to trim any lessor buds and try to keep things manageable.
    Inzanes being fed 950ppm or about 70% of the feed charts suggestion. They both have looked a bit yellow compared to the BB from the start so I am thinking that's just how they will look.
    The BB is getting 800ppm and is looking good.

Happy new year to you all.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Another 2 weeks into this grow and 11 days at 12/12 light schedule. The stretch is on and growth is good. Trimmed them all to open up the bud sites to the light and removed most of the lower and lessor tops. If no problems arise this is looking to be a tent full of tops. Fingers crossed.

Comment

January is 3/4 done and flowering is well underway. Did a defol and snipped off close to 20 tops. Trying to keep things in check.
        The Inzane in the 7 gal fabric pot is big and healthy. Still stretching and over 2 ft tall. The smaller Inzane in the 5 gal plastic pot just will not turn as green as it should but hey they both are starting to frost up already. I am liking what I am seeing.
        The Bruce banger is very healthy and bushy. Funny but this plant has almost zero trichomes so far. Other then that she is looking to be a great producer again.
        Lights are at 16inches above and full power. Nutrients are 3/4 of full strength and runoff is just slightly higher then whats going in.
        Now to water and wait....Always amazed at how they transform from start to finish.

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good JohnEmad
          Been watching and funny thing, I Dropped End game r2 about the same time but took a minute for me to come aboard here.
          I'm find that it is a finicky plant especially when she was young, did good in veg then start getting picky mid-flower.

Happy growing

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Mr.furley good to hear from you. Seems Ethos does some great breeding. These are a bit finicky as you said but are looking to be frost kings. Going to need some support for the tops as well. Am I drooling? lol.

2 more weeks and about 5 weeks in and flowering is in full swing. The Inzanes are already inzanely frosty and starting to really fill out. Will have to add supports for the branches to stop the skinny branches from flopping all over.
        The Bruce Banger is about a week or more behind the others but is looking to have full fat flowers. Frost is starting to also look real nice.
        This has been a fairly uneventful grow so far. Just the way i like it.

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice JohnEmad...understand about the uneventful grow...I like 'em that way as well.

Hey growers. 3 Months into this grow and we are in the final phase of flowering for the 2 Inzanes. They are frosty, sticky and stinky. Trich's are turning mainly cloudy with just a few amber ones in sight. About 2 weeks and they should be close to harvest.
        The Bruce B is getting real fat dense flowers and the frost has appeared in great quantity. Trich's are mostly clear with some cloudy ... so 3 or more weeks for this beauty to finish.
        Due to a busier then expected time with work and family matters I have neglected and dried out these plants on a couple occasions but they are resilient.

On another note: As Inzane strain is not being produced anymore I am going to make some seeds with a couple clones by using colloidal silver I may post this experiment in another thread .
        Cheers till next time.

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice sticky buds. I'll be looking for your seed adventure post.

Here we are about 4 months since the clones took root and it is harvest time for the 2 Inzane's. I am chopping the smaller one first and guesstimate it has about 10% amber on the calyxes and far more amber on the sugar leaves. The larger Inzane will mature for another week before she goes under the scissors.
        As for the Bruce Banger she has a couple weeks to go to reach that less racy stage. Funny a girl has been given the name Bruce...
        Anyway here are some pics.
        Just a footnote that I have spent less time on this grow then any other and on at least 3 occasions the plants were completely drooped and the soil dry. It is amazing to me how they came back each time. They showed the stress and looked beat up but still did their thing to the end.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          CONGRATS, JohnE!!!!! They are stunningly, outrageously, lovingly PHAT!!!!!!!

Lovely looking flowers you have there John. That BB looks like a monster 👍🏻

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          BB is a generous monster.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          she has big lovely tops but the proof is in the scale and testing of course ...

Hi fellow growers. It is time to wrap up this venture that can be almost described as start, train and leave it alone grow.
        I would say the total grow time was 4 months from germination to in the jars and I am very pleased with the results.

First the Inzanes:
        4.2 and 3.6 oz dry and in jars at 58 RH. lots of amber present to avoid that racy type of smoke.
        These plants are true sativa with the long spaces between internodes or branches. Had to add plenty of support even though I topped them at several places due to the long skinny branches and heavy dense buds. Yes, extremely sticky, resinous tops that made trimming a real pain. (had well over 1 gram of scissor hash). Bag appeal is very good. The 2 testers we have tried so far offer a semi sweet, slightly spicy taste and made both of us cough a bit. No dry mouth and a decent body high and yet very uplifting and not frantic high. So I rate the overall quality as excellent.
        PS: I am in the process of making seeds from 2 clones using colloidal silver to keep this strain alive.

Next is the Bruce Banger:
        4 oz dry and in jars with a 2 week shorter growing time then the Inzanes. This plant after initial training just did her thing with no support need for branches even with those heavy big tops.
        This plant had decent frost and large amazing looking tops but were not nearly as dense as the tent mates. Smke report is that it hits hard with a strong body high and soon goes to a nicely relaxed feeling but not a complete couch lock. Overall I rate her as a very good strain to grow.
        Well that's it for this adventure.

Hope you all enjoyed the show and maybe gave you some ideas for your next grows. Cheers growers!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 03-19-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely work JohnEmad honestly i love your grow journals. Ya don't blabber and keep it short and to the point LOL. Nice relaxed simple grows just my style. Not really knocking other growers ways just don't like reading paragraph after paragraph of " bloated " journals. It's so nice having rec/hobby growers that don't think on commercial terms......blah blah blah. Truth !

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL Thanks Budgal. I could easily have been accused of going on and on in my earlier grow journals but age and experience seems to change people.
          Glad you enjoyed it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X