Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third plant has dark buds/leaves - what is happening here please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third plant has dark buds/leaves - what is happening here please?

This is a White Widow Lemon haze strain plant.

About a month ago I thought it was suffering from localised bud rot and removed the dubious section...

(Some of you may remember Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241WWLHdarkleaves1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	546610 r me posting about using those buds with no ill effects, and discussing it in these forums)

Since then the plant has not grown at all and I am wondering of it is dead, or at least dying.

I am about the "harvest" it and start drying it for use...I would welcome any comments or advice.

Does this discolouration show bud rot? Or could it be something else?

Duh it's dead you asked i commented
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Click on the gif.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fishing-rod-snap.gif Views:	0 Size:	2.51 MB ID:	546656
      Last edited by Ckbrew; 11-12-2021, 02:46 PM.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Good one! The poor slob had no idea until his face was six inches from the water! Still trying to complete his cast till he hit water, lol!

It's ready. the yellowing of leaves all over the plant at the late stage of flower is natural
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Where do you get all these sickly plants?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

what did you do?! This plant looks like it's from Venus outer space!

Comment

Thank you dilvish...I think I agree with you and plan to harvest (= de-pot and dry out) this plant later today unless I receive strong advice to do something else.

I have already explained that I am a rank beginner and I post here in the hope of seeing some helpful expert advice rather than stupid irrelevant gifs...

The plant is not from Venus, as far as know, but was one of the first 8 seeds I germinated in July...sadly it is the only survivor as all the others have died. I think they all died from overwatering and using conventional potting soil. I now use coco coir with perlite, and Canna Coco A + B nutrients half strength and I think I am learning a little.

My success rate with the second 8 germinated in August is better at 3 out of 8.

The super tall plant shown in another post is one of the last 3 seeds I germinated in September and so far all 3 are alive.

Comment

• golfnrl
              golfnrl commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi sandyinlondon Can you provide some details about your grow? Grow medium, PH, nutrients, light, ventilation, etc. That info is most helpful when trying to diagnose a plant's issues. When you say, 'rank beginner', what do you mean? Every person on this web site was a rank beginner at some point in time. Have you done your research on Growweedeasy.com? That's a great place to start if you haven't already been there. I don't know about you but losing those plants would make me sick knowing how much those seeds cost...and then there's the disappointment. It will get better if you take a look at some of the grow tutorials on GWE. That's what I did, (as others suggested) and it helped me a lot. Hope it helps you as well.

We want to help you London but your plants are super weird and your posts lack details. Also seems like you need to read or re-read the basic guide. Start here----> https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

You need to use a "grow" type nutrient in vegetative phase and a "bloom" type nutrient in the flowering phase. I personally recommend the Floranova series from General Hydroponics, works well for me. Plenty of other good ones out there too.

You have said your ph is 'ok' but not what it is? What's the ph of the water you are giving to them after you've added your nutrients and anything else like ph buffers? PH is suppose to be 6.0-7.0 if you use soil and 5.5-6.5 if you use hydroponics. And you have to check it everytime you water.
            Last edited by grefranger; 11-13-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Update on this plant; general view shown first - then the sad failed roots which have failed to grow after the last repotting

The plant is either dead or dying...I plan to prune and dry the obviousll dead colas for use, and to place the root block into water to see if the few green areas/leaves can be revived.

All other (sensible) suggestions would be welcomed...pH is about 6.5 now

The nutrients I have used up to now are Canna Coco A + B which claims to be suitable for both veg and flowering state...medium is Coir 70% 30%, lights were LEDs on 12/12

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2247WWLHinPotBefore.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	880.0 KB
ID:	546842

Comment

• golfnrl
                golfnrl commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks DRT to me...no root ball.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe just maybe this is acting as a page for " how can you tell if a plant is alive or dead " where do you dig up these old plants? What a waste of a grow, you don't even know alive from dead?? WoW

This plant is dead, it has no roots to feed it, start over.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X