What's your favorite LED grow light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite LED grow light?

I'm in the market to get a new LED grow light, one of those 600w+ true draw lights, sometime in the next month or so. With all the options and all the shil reviews these days i figured the best way to get honest opinions is ask those who use the things.

So what's yalls favorite powerful led light? What do you like about it?? What could be better?? TIA
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

After trying several cheaper LED’s I splurged on a ES300. Now I also have two ES180’s. I prefer growing under the ES180’s over the 300 because they can get closer without burning the tops.

Comment

Hi Matriumcauthon
      It sounds like you are doing your homework, and if you haven't already found the excellent Grow Light reviews at the link below you might want to take a look. Here's a review for a candidate, Mars Hydro FC-E6500. It has a very innovative approach to evening out light energy over the coverage area.

Dr MJ Coco independent Grow Light Test and Review of the Mars Hydro FC-E6500. Review, Video, PAR maps, PPF & PPFD, Efficiency, Hanging Height, Harvest Est
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
        Matriumcauthon commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah at the moment im pretty up in the air between that mars hydro light and growers choice ROI-E720 right now but i wanted to see if there were other options i hadnt heard of or any opinions about these two

Spider Farmer 100...I know its not very powerful but I am using several at once

Comment

HLG in my opinion will give you the best light for the money spent and will go toe to toe with the more expensive models. Good luck!

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
          Matriumcauthon commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks, ill check them out

Viparspectra P2500
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I use the Black Dog LED PhytoMAX-2 600, which draws 630W total, 15W of which are for the 5 fans, resulting in 615W total LED draw from the wall. I’ve had good results in my first several grows.

But, they just came out with their next iteration of LED technology, PhytoMAX-3. They have a model that draws 615W:

Black Dog LED has been a leader in the design and manufacturing of innovative grow light technology since 2010. Experience the high-power, high-yield full spectrum grow lights that are unique to Black Dog LED, and be sure to check out our grow kits and accessories too!

They’re a great company; they’re headquartered in Colorado, their lights are made in the USA, all their lights are ETL-listed, and their customer service is top notch (I’ve both called them directly and emailed them questions probably a dozen times and they’re always friendly and helpful).

Comment

Like my Viparspectra !!
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Just make sure it's properly safety tested. it should have one of the following certifications: UL, CSA or ETL. If it only has "CE" certification it's likely garbage and a potential fire hazard IMHO.

In my journey to find a suitable light I found ViparSpectra to have some of the only LED's on the market that are properly tested and certified. Not all their models are so choose wisely.

If you buy off Amazon beware. The vast majority of them are all "CE" certified and some of them have even faked the "CE" certification. Amazon has strict rules regarding sales of electrical devices but they don't enforce them so every boy and his dog sells an LED grow light on Amazon Marketplace.
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
                Matriumcauthon commented
                Editing a comment
                good to know, i had no idea about any of that. thanks!

Viparspectra XS4000 Very pokey and great light

Comment

Timber Fatty-vs COB I only have one grow under it but it is freaking awsome. Excellent customer service. A little on the heavy side at 50 lbs. I have all my yoyo's tied to the frame to hold up those heavy buds. Great penetration.
                DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
                TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
                Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
                10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
                50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
                8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
                2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
                w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
                2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
                2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
                GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
                Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
                . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
                Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X