This time it's bugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time it's bugs.

Well everything was going great until it wasn't. Got great manifolds going everything was growing great until it all stopped. Then i started noticing white spots on leaves and then a lot. Today i noticed these black spots that i guess look like bugs or bug poop. It's every fucking where. All the plants all the cuttings. Everything. I fixed my pH and soil problems and now this.
    I remember a month ago I looked at that yellow sticky trap and there wasn't a single bug on there now it's covered.

The cuttings that I took are getting destroyed as well The spots are also on there. It's literally on every single plant. Again I thought I was having pH problems which I was but that was addressed. I finally got myself a good pH tester. Turns out my tap water is 6.0. So that explains the over acidic environment that the plants were living in.

I just don't know what these little black spots are they don't seem to be moving but it seems like wherever they are there's the little white spots left on the leaves. I don't see any bugs crawling on there but clearly there's a bunch of flies or gnats or whatever that got stuck to the sticky trap. I've been so anal and so careful about all this.

I just don't understand this indoor growing. I never have issues outside in my garden or anything. I tried growing bud outside which was working perfectly except I always get ripped off. One day the plant is there the next day it's gone. Like it wasn't even ready to be harvested and they still fucking ripped it off. So that's why I've been trying this indoor growing and it just isn't working out for me.

I'm pretty sure all these plants have to go to the trash because if it's already spread to the cuttings there's no hope for them either..... I only have three seeds left and my luck they're going to be all males. I'm going to get some of that super soil and that's going to be my last attempt. If it works fantastic if it doesn't I'm giving up this hobby. I'll just go to the store and buy my shit and live in failure.

I just don't get it. I have different herbs growing all around my house I have like six cacti one of them is taller than me and everything grows just fine but I can't grow a pot plant. I just don't know. I thought cacti were harder to grow apparently not.
    Attached Files
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
    MAC1 (Blimburn)
    Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
    Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
    T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
    🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Well it won't let me upload the video clip. So here's some screenshots
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
    Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
    🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

I'm guessing all those white dots are eggs
      Attached Files
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
      Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
      🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Looks like mites to me, you can fight em and beat em, but let me just say they are tenacious lot with a few week life cycle.
        Soil - NFTG, recycled & amended.
        Nutes - NFTG - modified regiment, SLA-100, Photo +, Mammoth
        Veg - 4x4 tent, TSW2000, TSW1000 6”vent
        Flower - 4x4 tent, TS3000W, TSW1000 6”vent
        Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

Looks like mites to me as well. Caught some early on my plants, and used a product called "The Amazing DoctorZymes Eliminator". Knocked them out after a couple applications.

Comment

It's spider mites 100%. So at least i know what it is.... But they're even on my cuttings
            Attached Files
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
            Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
            🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

I use ISO and water, can be 1 part ISO to 8 parts water, I use 50/50 so it evaporates faster. It only kills adults on contact leaving the eggs to hatch, so it must be repeated every 3 days for at least 3 treatments. Spry the floor, the pots, the soil, the underside of the plant then the top and soak it. Then watch for the return. And yes I too do not want wet on my buds, but even more I dont want them full of bug poo etc.. At least this leaves no nasty shit behind, good luck with the borg!

Comment

Yeah that's what I did last night with Rob being alcohol 91% water and Castile soap. Much less noticeable activity this morning and I don't even see the ones that were on top of my cuttings so I guess there's hope yet because I got some really nice manifolds going on these plants and it'd be a real shame to have to get rid of everything.
                ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

Well.... Chopped everything down ... The bugs did way too much damage. Been battling them 2 weeks and it's just getting worse.... Just gonna cut my losses.....

Might still be able to save my cuttings. I really hope so because that mystery strain has so much potential. It smells and looks great if i wasn't fucking it all up.

Also planted a seed of Blue Dreams. No idea if it's feminized.. My luck it'll be a male.
                  ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱

MAC1 (Blimburn)
                  Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                  🍄Treasure Coast 3x

Comment

• Phlash
                    Phlash commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To be safe, treat your cuttings/clones as if they are infested as well, so continue treatment accordingly, otherwise you may reintroduce the contamination, also sterilize your soil along with the grow area, tool, ties, pots, etc. an ounce of prevention...

as a side note, I’m pretty sure clones rank number one for the source of infestation and should always be quarantined.

Sorry for the loss and best of luck moving forward.

next time thoroughly wash the pots then before the cutting or seedling goes in and sprinkle a layer of food grade Diatomaceous Earth over the top of the soil. Works great at preventing all kinds of bugs especially Spider mites. Also make sure you have a decent fan moving the plants as it makes it harder for mites to lay eggs.

Just make sure you don't bring plants from outside near the cannabis as there can be eggs on that outdoor plant.
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X