Bad genetics or just old seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad genetics or just old seeds?

Planted Vision Gorilla Glue two weeks ago. I started 3 seeds. They all germinated except one...it did crack but never produced a tap root so I started a different strain to replace it (purple kush). Of the 2 seeds that did produce a tap root, they went to soil and one has stared on it's second set of true leaves.

The other hasn't produced any leaves other than the two cotyledon leaves and although it's green and appears healthy, it's like time stopped and it refuses to grow any further.

It's really weird...has anyone else had this happen? In my experience, every seed that gets it's cotyledon leaves does end up growing just fine. Not sure if I should just give up on it and start another seed (got no more GG though).

Anyone else have a germinated seed that virtually got frozen in time? Grow set up isn't the issue...I've covered all that.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

I got some auto GG seeds from Growers Choice and one did this. I donโ€™t order from there anymore but one out of five seeds turned out ok. ๐Ÿ˜œ I just thought it was user error. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Photo Grow: 4 Blueberry
    2 Indoor / 2 Outdoor
    Manifold Training
    4x2x6 Grow Tent
    (2) ViparSpectras 450W LED
    AC Infinity Cloudline T6 & Carbon Filter
    Extra Fan, Humidifier
    FFOF Soil - FF Trio Nutes
    Temp: 65*-80* RH: 50%

Comment

Maybe I' just lucky but I have had this exact same thing happen more than once. My seeds were not old and of different strains so I just don't get it.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I had some Black Domina sprout and stall, I ended up tossing them (all but 1) and called it bad genetics.

Comment

I think I might give it a few more days but I think I just have to chalk it up to an aged seed that doesn't know where or what it is
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

It keeled over yesterday so I guess that answers my question. I guess the seed didn't have enough energy to continue growing....the other seed that did pop and produce a tap root seems to be doing just fine. The seed bank must have had a mix of seeds that were aged because these came from the same batch and were stored in identical conditions.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X