GA3 powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA3 powder

I just bought some online to deal with my old seeds. I saw pretty good results online between 100 and 250 ppm. Has anyone used his before? Anything I should know?

forgive my ignorance, but what is GA3 powder and what is it's purpose?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Its called gibberellic acid and its a hormone that causes celular growth and elongation. I believe it's also used in feminized seeds production but not sure. Mixed with water creates a solution where you let your seeds soak so you increase the germination rate. It causes plants to strech and in the case of seeds supposedly helps with old and hard to germinate ones. First time I need it so I wanted to know if someone has any experience with this.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        It is 5$ for 5grms shipping included and comes with a mini spoon. You just need a ppm meter to create the right solution. Sellers say up to 500ppm

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I have always used water with a pH of 5.5 to soak/germinate my seeds. Would using it to soak the seeds feminize them, or would the GA be used as a supplement during growth, to produce a female plant?

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Its used to promote growth and "stretching" while seeds but when the plant is flowering it affects reproduction. Supposedly you get long stretchy plants when using it as a supplement but helps with old seeds

Ok ppm is parts per million and you would normally make up a ppm solution as a weight to volume ratio. 1 milligram dissolved in 1 litre of water equates to 1 ppm, so for a 500 ppm solution you would add 1/2 gram to 1 litre. You need to use distilled water and keep refrigerated once mixed.and is onle stable for about a week.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks growmore, I should have remembered that from chemistry class (47 years ago! lol)

GA3 acts on seed by activating an enzyme that converts starch to sugar. The older the seed is, the more degradation occurs and germination decreases
      GA3 can be used to make feminized seed, but not feminized plants. It has the opposite effect and if applied to plants just before flowering it make's the female plant produce pollen.Nebulahaze has covered this topic well, elsewhere on this site

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        But have you tried it for the seeds?

Yes and it does work,depends on the age of the seeds. The older the seed the less the effect.
      As I mentioned once a seed get's to old nothing will work.

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems like I'm going to be the first to document this process so I will conduct some experiments when it gets here to find the right concentration and do's & dont's

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X