Crystals or mould?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Crystals or mould?

I put this branch aside during drying cus it looked a little suspicious. I keep going back and forth on whether it’s just really crystally or if it’s the beginning of mould. What do you all think?

doesn't look like mold to me was there reason to suspect mold? too much humidity and heat combines with overwatering are the best indicators. If the rest of the plant looks absolutely fine I'd say judging by the pics that it's not.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

It could be but i don't think so. I have limpy leaf and a tad of grey easy to pull off leaf when i see mold. Now it could be a start of the stuff but......hang it anyway i would keep it and allow it to dry does it smell like anything odd? When you break a bud ? I tell ya i keep it all unless it's contaminated. Sometimes my colas get pressed when i carry a bunch and they sit on eachother the really sticky ones do this gives the impression of something ain't right but it's alot of the resin, sticky together.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

There was mold throughout the plant that I had to get rid of, that’s why I was worried it could have been the beginning? But I like that you don’t think it is!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm i don't know then amy24 could be. I only catch it when i see grey on leaf an stem i cut the whole piece off. Is it in the stems? Hmmm your call LOL i'm gonna pass this one as i can't give you the go ahead. Sorry

if there is mold then I would err on the side of caution and pitch it. Or you could dry and cure it as normal but jar it separately. open the jar in about a month and see if it smells odd or ammonia like...then its time to chuck it.
        Properly cured cannabis smells good even after months of sitting in a jar....
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I think I’ll jar it separately just to see

Comment

• amy24
            amy24 commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, thanks BU2B I appreciate that! My favourite quotes of the season, the first time made me actually laugh out loud too. 😂

FYI, I used a microscope! It’s crystal! 🥳

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X