Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice, please

Hello everyone!

I’m working on my second grow, the first of which was a total fiasco. Now that I have found the GWE community, this grow is going much better!
    I’m growing 4 autos indoors: Gorilla Glue, Tangerine Dream, White Widow and Critical Purple. Using LST method with pipe cleaners.

Noticing some leaf discoloration that started at the bottom. Just fed some cal mag last week (1 tsp/gallon). I’m on well water - I live in the Shenandoah Valley, which is a Karst topography, and am surprised that I would have a cal mag deficiency. The PH runs about 7.5, so I use the PH down to get it to 6.5. However, when I use my bloom nutes once a week, the PH drops to 6.5, so I don’t have to use the down.

Then I noticed some leaf tip burn on the 2 tallest girls, the WW and CP. Thinking it was light stress, so I lowered them.

My question is this: How often should I administer the cal mag, if you think that is problem? Is it advisable to cut the affected leaves off of an auto? Am I right thinking the leaf tips are a result of light stress?

Any advice, tips, pointers would surely be appreciated. I hope to pay it forward when I gain more confidence!
    Thanks 🙏

PS: I’m trying to figure out how to do a signature line where all my pertinents show automatically so I don’t have to type it each time.

FFOF Soil
    4x2x6 Grow Tent
    Viparspectra 450W LED (20/4)
    AC Infinity Cloudline T-6 & Carbon Filter
    extra fan
    Photo Grow: 2 Strawberry Cough
    Manifold Training
    4x2x6 Grow Tent
    (2) ViparSpectras 450W LED
    AC Infinity Cloudline T6 & Carbon Filter
    Extra Fan, Humidifier
    FFOF Soil
    FF Trio Nutes
    Temp: 80* RH: 50%
    Well Water Adjusted to 6.5 ph

The issue I see is what looks to be a nitrogen deficiency on your CP. need more Info to help with the rest of your issues but there’s definitely a nitrogen issue, the tips of the leaves curl under like that says too much nitrogen.

Comment

• MysticMimi
      MysticMimi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, good to know!

I think your issue is overwatering. I’m seeing no deficiencies. Slightly burnt tips but you’ll have that sometimes, nothing major.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-30-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• MysticMimi
      MysticMimi commented
      Editing a comment
      I try not to water until pots are dry, but I need to make sure from here on out! Thanks for your input!

temps, humidity good? overwatering maybe...do the pots have good drainage and how are you watering them.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• MysticMimi
      MysticMimi commented
      Editing a comment
      I water with a pitcher when the pot feels light. Temp about 75 with 50% RH. Lots of drainage on 3 gal plastic pots, but I did order some fabric pots for next grow! I def need to make sure they are totally dry before watering! Thanks for your thoughts!

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      at 75F is that daytime or night? at that temp the plastic pots won't dry out much soo be careful not to water too often. at that temp i'd say every 3-4 days

Hey @MisticMimi to edit your signature there's a drop down arrow next to your username top RH corner. Click User Settings, click Account, scroll down to Conversation Detail Options, click Edit Post Signature. Others will weigh in on the plant but overwatering is easy to do as you probably already know. What's your normal feed/water schedule? If it's over watered you'll want to let the pot dry out.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• MysticMimi
      MysticMimi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much! 🥰

Since you're a new grower this app may be helpful:
    Grow with Jane
    It's a free app that will log EVERYTHING you do with your plants. I love it!
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

• MysticMimi
      MysticMimi commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m gonna check it out! Thanks so much! 🙏

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X