• Show
Clear All

For novice growers, how to choose the right growing light

Click image for larger version

Name:	da8cd65be2f05c3c74148868569333403b49e718.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	4.19 MB
ID:	544680
    Spectra, power, cooling, dimming and others, please give me some suggestions

Hello heaven....That's a broad question. Others on here with more experience will weigh in, but I'd suggest looking at Nebula's articles on how to choose the right light, over on the main web site. Just use the search bar to find what you need. Or click this link to get started. https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-grow-lights I started out with LED and haven't switched. I like HLG. I'm currently setting up a new tent with a Grow-it-led.com Excalibur light fixture using the Cambia light controls.

That's a good looking plant. What are you using now?
    Last edited by golfnrl; 10-28-2021, 07:06 AM.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• heaven
      heaven commented
      Editing a comment
      I am using Helenor Compact 640W, which is a new brand. I have used HLG products, but the heat is serious. Thank you for your suggestion.

Most modern leds are getting really good. As long as your buying up to date tech almost any led will do.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

My two cents? Whatever you buy, make sure it’s ETL or UL certified, for peace of mind. Make sure the certification is for the whole light, and not just the cord (a dirty trick some unreputable manufacturers have used).

Comment

I'll suggest the biggest one that fits your space and your budget.
        DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
        TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
        Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
        10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
        50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
        8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
        2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
        w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
        2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
        2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
        GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
        Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
        . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
        Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

I agree with Rik...make sure it's UL, CSA or ETL certified. for an electrical item that remains plugged in and operating 12 hours a day or more it should be safety certified.

I've posted many times about the so called "CE" certification that many manufacturers use and its absolute garbage and doesn't have the strict safety standards required for this type of electrical device.

Sadly, the vast majority of marketplace sellers on Amazon (as an example) do not comply with Amazon's own policies regarding the sale of electrical items in which it states sellers are required to comply with local state or federal law regarding electrical items and in the case of most of the world, that is the UL, CSA or ETL certification. Unfortunately unless there is a formal legal complaint (like a fire), Amazon doesn't give a shit what gets sold on their site(s) because every sale is more profit!
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Rik
            Rik commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. I’ve also ranted on this site before about the junk “CE” mark. It’s useless and misleading.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X