Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highworthy's 1st Grow Adventure - Chiesel, Sour Tangie, Chemdawg, & Remedy (CBD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highworthy's 1st Grow Adventure - Chiesel, Sour Tangie, Chemdawg, & Remedy (CBD)

Hello everyone! I just started my first grow a week ago, it was my Christmas present to myself I hoping to get some feedback and advice from so many experienced people.

My current setup:
    4x4x6.5 Grow Tent
    600watt HPS/MH Adjustable Air Cooled Grow Light
    FFOF soil
    4 1 gallon square plastic pots (5 gallon Smart pots for the future)
    6" inline fan
    6" fan for air circulation
    Carbon Filter
    Ducting, Zip ties and bungees
    Temp/Humidty Monitor

The lovely ladies:
    Chemdawg - Sativa Dominant
    Sour Tangie - Sativa Dominant
    Chiesel - Hybrid
    Remedy (CBD) - Indica Dominant

Here's my current timeline:
    Day 0 - 3 clones acquired
    Day 1 - Planted 3 clones in 1 gallon black plastic pots. Watered each until I started getting a little runoff, approximately 36 ounces each.
    Day 2 - Received my 6" fan for air circulation and give the ladies a little breeze
    Day 3 - Acquired my 4th clone (Remedy) as they were out the first time. Watered 36 ounces, until I saw runoff
    Day 4, 5 - Over time, I've been slowly lowering my 600 watt light. It's been on 50% output as well.
    Day 6 - Installed 6" inline fan. Currently, its just sucking hot air out of the tent. Not directly hooked up to my light yet.
    Day 7 - Light has been lowered to about 16" now. My temps have been 77-88 degrees. My tent has a window next to a window, when I open both with the inline fan on, temps drop from pulling in cooler air. I have yet to hook up the air cooled hood, or put the glass in.
    Day 8 - Today. I haven't watered any of the plants since the 1st watering when I planted them. It wasn't until today that I noticed the top of the soil not look wet at all. The humidity also dropped, it had been hovering in the low 50's. I'm guessing now is a good time to water again. A friend of a friend gave me a lot of additional gear and nutes. It looks like some of them are for hydroponic grows. I did score some Fox Farms Big Bloom, but it seems as though its for the flowering stage.

I don't really know what my next steps are. All the plants appear to be in a good health with no shock. My Chemdawg was the by far the bigger clone from the get go, perhaps its time to do a bit of training, bend it over or top it? The Remedy was the next largest. The Sour Tangie and Chiesel were the runts. After a week, the Sour Tangie out grew the Chiesel and may be slightly taller than the Remedy, just not as much foiliage.

I'll probably go ahead and water again tonight. I've read people start nutes on the 2nd watering, I guess I'll have to wait since I don't have them. What do you guys recommend? I also need to turn up the light to 75%, which probably means I need to install the glass cover for my light hood, and hook up the ducting to my inline fan. That'll get rid of hot air, not sure how well I'll still be able to pull in cool air from outside though.

Now what you've been waiting for my setup and ladies. Both taken from Day 4.

Picture from Day 8, Sour Tangie Front Left, Chiesel Front Right, Remedy Back Left, Chemdawg Back Right.

About to water for the 2nd time.The soil is noticeably dry on top. I'm waiting until tomorrow for the Remedy as I watered it first two days after the others. I'll buy my nutes for the next watering.

Interestingly enough, my temperature rose, humidity dropped when I opened up the tent. I guess that prevents the negative pressure from pulling in cool air from the window.

Comment

Looks good so far highworthy. Are you checking ph of the water?
      Chemdawg is a derivative of the original Chem Dog, which at a time in the 90's was the strongest cannabis around. An ounce of Chem Dog was going for $800 - $1000.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• highworthy
        highworthy commented
        Editing a comment
        Water was from the tap. I used some pH strips which aren't that exact, but looked to be between 6 and 7, maybe a little more toward 7. Additionally, and I don't really know what its for (was one of the items I received), but its a TDS meter and the reading was at 123, I assume PPM? Chart on the back puts this just above Spring water, and carbon filtered water, slightly hard.

I think the Chemdawg is more specifically Chemdawg #4, not sure if there is a difference. I'll see if I can find my receipt, which has the original nurseries as well.

Your clones are looking great. Since using FFOF, you can hold off on nutes for a few more weeks. I would top and start training soon, especially on the big one. One more thing, you need to get them out of those one gal pots. transfer to final pots soon and then start your topping / training. They do look healthy, so you want to keep them that way.

And as Canuck states, checking your pH is especially important. Your plants cannot absorb nutrients properly if pH is out of whack.

Comment

I know the concept of topping and training, but have never done either I'll have to do a little more reading first. I've read the Chemdawg likes to grow tall, so definitely need to keep her in check. I went ahead and watered last night, of course the Chemdawg soaked up a bit more than everyone else.

I'm glad I didn't use Solo cups first. My original plan was Solo -> 1 gallon -> 5 gallon. Which may make more sense for seeds. I assumed I'd be in the 1 gallons for 2-3 weeks before transferring to the bigger pots. I definitely don't want them to get root bound.

I think my water is good to go, should I let it sit out (thought I read that somewhere) for a while before using it?

Comment

It's Day 12 since initial planting. I took some pictures of each individual strain to give you a closer look. They're sucking up a lot more water, I imagine due to growth but also because I turned up my light to 75%. I'm not sure, but either turning up my light to 75%, or the lack of rain (I'm pulling in air from outside) has caused my humidity to drop to the low 30's%.

When sizing up to the 5 gallon bucket, should I do it right after I water it, or right before?

Here they all are on Day 10.

Comment

Up first the biggest of the group, the Chemdawg. From Day 10.

I definitely need to do some trimming/training of this one. What do you guys recommend?

Comment

Next up the runt of the group, Chiesel. From Day 10.

The very tips are slightly yellow. Hoping for a growth spurt soon.

Comment

3rd plant is Sour Tangie. From Day 10.

This plant has started growing quickly. It's almost caught up to the Chemdawg. Some of the leaves were clipped prior to me purchasing them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X