Fungus Gnats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungus Gnats

Click image for larger version  Name:	reddevil.gif Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	544551
    Got these buggers so now I'm in KILL mode... (they are fungus gnats, yes?)
    Used my thumbs to crush those walking around and when flying around clap my hands and kill!!
    Started today with this:
    2 ml Bio Neem Prot Eco in 2.5 liters of PH 6.2 water and 2 drops of washing-up liquid.
    Only sprayed on top soil and inside lower parts on plants, not on any leafs.
    Waiting for delivery of Diatomaceous Earth 100% clean and free from neurotoxins, to powder on top soil.
    All plants look really healthy though, no bad signs on leafs yet!
    Had to skip watering today, pots not completely dry and still some weight in them.
    Any input on how to eradicate these buggers are more than welcome!
    Wish me luck...
    Edit: Diatomaceous Earth arrived so should I wait until tomorrow with powdering top soil, letting it dry up a bit?
    Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2021, 04:47 AM. Reason: more info

Diatomaceous earth works great but has to remain dry. Put a layer of sand down and sprinkle it on top. Just reapply after watering and those little shits are toast.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      I am a proponent of diatomaceous earth. I know I’ve heard about keeping it dry but I’ve always wondered if that is accurate. It is a ground up silica based fossil that is very sharp at a microscopic level. It is intended to lacerate the exoskeleton and dehydrate the pest. It may not directly dehydrate the pest when it is wet but the particles are still there and still sharp so it must still be doing half the job with the dehydration and death of the bug just postponed until the environment dries. I’ve also read that it can be applied in solution to stick to the plant and leaves so wetness can’t permanently negate its effectiveness. In short, I think it works faster when dry but if it gets wet it does part of the job and will still work fully when it dries again.

Nuke them lolll I would also say dry it.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Going2fast
      Farmbuck
      Thanks for your input, appreciate it!
      Was thinking I should remove some of the bigger lower leafs, size of a hand palm 8x8 inches (20X20 cm).
      Noticed today some lower leafs were sticking together and wet.
      I'll wait until tomorrow before powdering diatomaceous earth.
      Also added more floor fans in tent blowing through plants and increased fanspeed overall.
      The humidity is a problem, raining outside again today 70-80% inside house.
      After airing the house humidity now inside 56%.
      Read some where putting pot saucers filled with catlitter in tent could be a solution or salt. Donno about that?
      Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

The "Killing Mode" seems to work so far.
        The Fungus Gnats didn't like what I did to them!!
        I did let the girls dry out after killing mode and first watering as of today.
        Thought I'd watering them gently and slowly as they were veery thirsty!
        Air Pots 20 liter (5 gallons)
        Is the water amount good? Used to water with 3 liter (0.8 gallon) / pot and same amount nutes as below.
        6 liter (1.8 gallon) / for all 4 pots
        30 ml Canna Veg
        4 ml Calmag BioBizz
        7 ml Cannazym
        20 ml Rhizotonic
        Could this be a to high concentration of nutes? Its well within product recommendations.
        Got no runoff water so maybe water with 3 liter (0.8 gallon) for each pot next watering in a couple of days,
        keeping the same nutes proportions?
        Last edited by Guest; 10-29-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X