1st grow, need opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow, need opinions.

Can someone help me with what's going on here?

This is my first grow and could really use a step in the right direction

Edit: So I have a humidifier set to 65 with a sensor. My inline fan kind of sucks the RH out quick... so I decided to set my inline exhaust to 81 degrees, and will kick on once it hits 85.
    Using foxfarm nutrients and following the feeding schedule.
    Tower fan on low inside for some air flow.
    Ask away please I insist, im having a fun time learning.
    Last edited by Lothari6; 10-21-2021, 10:23 AM.

so you are saying the room temp is 81F and the humidity is 65%? That may be your problem but you really need to give more info like PH levels of the water with nutrients and what strain you are growing, light source etc. I'd drop the heat to 77F and reduce the humidity to 40-60% during veg. If these are Autos do you leave the lights on 24/0 because if you do then they need to be shut off for a few hours (think night time) because the need some cooler temps a few hours per day in veg.
    just guessing without more info...
    Last edited by dilvish; 10-21-2021, 03:10 PM.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Lothari6
      Lothari6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks for the reply! Appreciate you..

So my ph is good in the water , about 5.8 maybe 6. I try to keep it around there and been checking everyday.

Nutrients im trying out foxfarm Grow big , big bloom, and their cal mag nutrient (bushdoctor i believe, i forget the name)

I kept the temperature at about 81 degrees only because with my inline exhaust it drops my RH to about 50%, thought id need more around 60% for this stage, so it will kick on when the temp rises to about 84 or 85.

This is actually all purple kush feminized, not autos. Light cycle is 18 on 6 hours off.

Im having a tough time telling if im still in seedling stage, or its veg. This is the middle of the 3rd week of my grow.

Howdy Lothari6, First of all, get rid of the clear tubing and replace it with black opaque tubing. The clear tubing acts like a 'light channel' allowing the light into the reservoirs giving rise to the chance of brown algae (root rot) to start up. Also cover over the hydroton pebbles with aluminum foil to block out the light leaks from there as well. Secondly, keep the water temperature between 62° F and 70° F (I use ice bottles, changed out as needed) and the air temperature should be kept below 80° F as the higher temperatures will tend to stress out the plants. I live in a rather dry area and the lower humidity does not appear to harm the plants, where as the higher humidity levels can lead to other problems like molds and bud rot.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks for the reply!!

Thats a very good idea for my air tubes, will grab black ones from my job today.

Will also use the foil (always wondered why some people did that)

As far as ice bottles I also will try that out, do you recommend any bottle or just a plain old frozen poland spring would work? And do you replace the ice bottle every day?

Humidity being my biggest concern, i thought too low of a RH would affect my plants but maybe i should not worry too much about it.

Think I'll just run the inline fan now 24/7 since i got a speed controller knowing that.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Lothari6, I use smooth, straight sided water bottles (the least expensive ones! LOL!) and only fill them about 80% full (the ice needs room to expand without breaking the bottle, also leave the caps loose to allow the air to escape). The ice bottles last about 3 to 4 hours at first, but as the canopy grows, they last a little longer. I also wrap my reservoirs with insulation (I have been using bubble wrap with good results) as this helps to keep the temperature down as well. I use a Bubblephonics style tote for my growing and just use one of the net pot location for the ice bottle, so that I do not have to open up the lid to change out the bottle. It is best to limit opening the lid and exposing the nutrient water to the light to keep down the algae growth.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X