Mag deficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mag deficiency

I am growing in soil, using biobizz nutes. soil is bagged compost from garden centre. HPS bulb, perfect temp and humidity lots of air circulation. PH (tap water) is checked after nutrients are added, 6-7ph.

On about the 2 to 3 rd week of flower my leaves begin to change color-yellow purple stems, not all plants but let’s say half.

Im entering the 5 week of flower. Leaves worsening.

This is a magnesium deficiency?

Thank you 🙂
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BlueberryGIrl; 10-20-2021, 06:54 AM.

Autos or Photos ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

They are photoperiod

Comment

What strain ? Give them a bit of Cal-Mag.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Blue cheese and Pineapple Express. I did do a bit of reading on calcium in the past but for some reason I had it in my head it was more of a hydroponic concern. Obviously I am not testing my soil along with my water so perhaps I should do that.

thank you for the reply

Comment

it looks like a nitrogen deficiency. If you haven't changed anything else, I'd say flush the pots with properly PH'd water then make sure you give them appropriate nutrients. The entire plant(s) look pale and is indicative of a nutrient deficiency. Did you back off on nutrients at some point?

Yellowing leaves at this point in the grow are normal because it's on the tail end of the cycle but the whole plant looks pale. Yellowing leaves in late flower are a sign that the plant is using up all the nitrogen leftover for the final growth spurt

Make sure they get enough water too...water until about 10% runoff.
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

You need to dial in your ph. Saying your ph is 6-7 isn’t gona do
              it as you’re finding out. When I grew in soil 6.4ph was the minimum but I tried to stay at 6.5. 6.6-6-7 if I started to see calcium deficiencies until cleared up. Anything below 6.4 or above 6.7 and you’ll have issues. 6.4 for too long, issues.
              Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-20-2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dilvish View Post
                it looks like a nitrogen deficiency. If you haven't changed anything else, I'd say flush the pots with properly PH'd water then make sure you give them appropriate nutrients. The entire plant(s) look pale and is indicative of a nutrient deficiency. Did you back off on nutrients at some point?

Yellowing leaves at this point in the grow are normal because it's on the tail end of the cycle but the whole plant looks pale. Yellowing leaves in late flower are a sign that the plant is using up all the nitrogen leftover for the final growth spurt

Make sure they get enough water too...water until about 10% runoff.
                I held back on the nutrients as I thought I was feeding too much. because i use compost and not biobizz soil-the nutrients i use- following the company's feed schedule is a problem. I think you are correct in that it is an over all nutrient problem. I thought that when leaf stems turn purple it was a sign of too much nitrogen. but I think I have this all arse backward after reading your reply.

they are getting plenty of water, that i am sure of, and perhaps i need to invest in a ph pen that is digital and more precise.

thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
                  You need to dial in your ph. Saying your ph is 6-7 isn’t gona do
                  it as you’re finding out. When I grew in soil 6.4ph was the minimum but I tried to stay at 6.5. 6.6-6-7 if I started to see calcium deficiencies until cleared up. Anything below 6.4 or above 6.7 and you’ll have issues. 6.4 for too long, issues.
                  thanks for the reply, I will look into getting a ph pen that is a more precise reading.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A cheap one on Amazon ($10-15) will do. They don’t make them like they used to so don’t waste the money on a expensive one

Originally posted by Darkart1
                  I see perlite in the soil. I have used organic potting soil but never just compost. did you mix the compost in other soil or just the compost and perlite?
                  Ive had problems years back with tap water and now always use rain water.
                  the water i use is tap, I have no choice really, and it is incredibly hard-limy. I do use perlite. and a little seaweed in the beginning, for veg and the plants just thrive. the minute I go to flower, then I have this problem. so I think yes I am not using enough nutrients. I am being too cautious.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X