Purple Trichomes=Harvest time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Trichomes=Harvest time?

This is my purple punch-indica strain. I am new at this. This is an outdoor grow. Started March 1st. I am seeing purple trichomes. What does that mean? And, is this common? I also am seeing just a few amber colored trichomes. Not many but a few. It still has white hairs. Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I had to take it with my phone camera looking through a jeweler’s loupe. I hope you are able to at least make out some of the purple trichomes in the photos.

Try using the zoom on your phone instead of the loose for clearer pics please

Comment

Some plants will continue trying to put out more new stigmas even as they are winding down. Chop time starts when clear trichs are hard to find among all the milky ones. Purple trichs happen when the genetics call for it. They are also pretty cool, BTW. You should see leaves yellowing (or even turning red or purple) and falling off near harvest. If you've been feeding up to now, stop and let it fade. Check the buds all over and not just the tops. Judging from pic #2 you should be within a week of harvest time. Other parts of the plant may not be as ready. The two at the back are very close to harvest and I may take them before the weekend. They are PPD (left), GSC (right) and Lavender up front with two weeks or more to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0624.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	543394
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Way to grow there pinkgirl just a beautiful strain. Congrats and well done, enjoy

Great pictures, beautiful buds !!!

Comment

Great looking buds beautiful purple hugh. Are you named after them pinkgirl?
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Purple Trichs mean you are one lucky Grower! Enjoy the ride.
            My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
            I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
            Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• LemonBud
              LemonBud commented
              Editing a comment
              Def a different colored trichs Nice.

Very nice plant. Congrats.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X