Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light burn (I think) should I give up on her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light burn (I think) should I give up on her?

Hi all, thanks for reading! This is my second grow, first in a tent. 3 Auto flowers (msnl) in happy frog, fabric pots, spider farm led, check and adjust ph in and out, minimal 1/2 strength nutes.

I believe my auto berry got light burned. I have height restrictions and quickly outgrew a 48” tall tent. They are now in a new taller home (60” which is my max). Before the new tent came the autoberry out paced the other two (blue dream and gg autos) and a few branches got within 8-10”. I dimmed the light but damage was done. Flowering started before she got to close but she seems to have stopped now. She is about 6 weeks old and is said to finish as quick as 60 days.

My question do you think she can recover and produce any bud? Or should I cut my losses and focus on the blue dream and gg which both seems to be doing well.

Thanks!
    bd

Maybe it is just the color tones in the pix over the net that I am not seeing, but they look good to me. Way to good to give up on. They might have gotten stressed by to much light and slowed down. Have patience they will likely recover. Autos go at their own pace not like a photo. Just let it grow. And don't take to seriously anything anyone says about time and schedules, plants don't believe in them.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Well i sure would'nt toss her you raising that light should help alot. No telling if she got affected much with yield but she's healthy otherwise.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I don't think that is light burn but rather just preflower top lightening which will green up again as flowering continues. i've been wrong before. One time I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken!
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Whats the PH?

Comment

I could be wrong as plants tend to have a mind of their own, but at 6 weeks I would think you should see more bud development. Maybe you have photoperiod plants. I don’t see light damage. Keep an eye on it. I know I have posted this pic before but I’m doing it again. These we at 7 weeks.
            Attached Files

Comment

• bdeegan
              bdeegan commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice looking plants!

Thank you everyone for the reply’s and the encouragement! I guess the reason for me questioning it in general is it had some stresses and I hear autos can be finicky. It got close to the light but also maybe did too much training trying to keep it away. It definitely started to flower about two weeks ago (3.5ish into its above ground life), but doesn’t seem to be progressing.

I understand to take the breeders words with a grain of salt and that I shouldn’t compare it to other strains but the blue dream and gg are a few days younger and are said to take longer than the auto berry (but also have slightly higher yields). Those two have definitely started stacking flowers. I’ve attached pics of them below.

The autoberry had a healthy drink yesterday, about a gallon of 6.86 in and gave me 6.32 out, water only. Gave her about gallon two days prior with 1/2 strength flower stage technaflora recipe 6.6 in 6.2 out.

Thanks again!
            bd

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good to me. I'd keep it going. Even a sub-par plant is a learning experience.

• bdeegan
              bdeegan commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, will do. I learned a lot during my first (outdoor) grow that I used on this one. I am excited to apply what I’ve learned from this one to the next! And the fact that I have a second tent, now I just need a second light 😁. I have some photo and auto beans I can use next

why only half strength on the nutes? at 6 weeks the nutrients from the happy frog will have been used up after 4 weeks and it looks to me more like a Nitrogen deficiency. Having said that they are now likely going into flower so more nitrogen may not help. Try adding 3/4 strength and see how they respond in a week or use the calculator they provide on their website for how much you should use.

Plants will recover from light burn as long as the exposure is reduced so yes make sure the tops are no less than 18-24 inches from the light.
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• bdeegan
              bdeegan commented
              Editing a comment
              I went with 1/2 strength after reading that autos can be sensitive and a suggestion of 1/4 strength (disclosure: i by no way place blame on anyone for their suggestions lol 😂). I also was worried about my limited height and quick growing nature of the plants!

I’ll bump up the nutes on the next feed. Thank you!

• dilvish
              dilvish commented
              Editing a comment
              if height becomes an issue, start training the plants. There are many ways you can bend plants to grow sideways rather than up https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-training

I’m happy to report the plant in question (auto berry), is doing really well and flowering nicely. I started moving it to a dark tent for 12hrs a day and after 4 or 5 days it started. It’s now been about 10 days and the flowers are growing nicely! I just hope I can keep this beast healthy! Ive upped the nutes and all seems good, fingers crossed!

Thanks again
            bd

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X